Death wobble narrowed down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got new rims and tires and they are all balanced. Still shakes when in 2wd. So I put it in 4H and drove around town and couldnt make it wobble no matter what i did. Any thoughts on what that could be?

I did however discover my alternator is dead and had a nice time towing my truck home with a honda civic.

It could be wear or slop or misalignment in anything that locates the wheel, (besides the new rims and tires). Get in there and jerk the wheels around and look for anything that moves when it shouldn't. Make sure that you have enough caster and that the toe in is correct (approx 1/8 to 3/16 in).

do a search on death wobble or death shake. I've started a few threads about this, there is some good info posted up on this subject.

What tires are you running. A buddy was running a set of borrowed 34x9.5 Swamper LTB's and the death wobble was terrible. He's running 35x12.5 mud Dawgs now with no problem. BTW, all components in his front end were new.???

Good Luck!

im runnign 35" BFG muds with 4" shackle lift. (it shook when i had the 33"s on there too) when i the truck up on jack stands i tried to shift/rock (one hand on top of tire one on bottom) the tires but they wouldnt budge. its definitely an oscilation thing where you drive over something at the correct angle and things start shaking.

i was hoping being in 4wd would clue someone in on what exactly it could be. my personal feeling is wheel bearings because of the major difference in shaking 2wd vs 4.

You have a shackle lift.

Do you have any sort of caster correction in the front end?

If not, this is the first thing you need to address.

I also would not recommend running 4" over length shackles anyway....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom