Death Valley Days 2/12-2/15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I might be interested in buying a water brick or two if you wanted to sell them.

I might be interested in buying a water brick or two if you wanted to sell them.

Planning on keeping 2 but could sell the other two. Discuss tomorrow night.

Thanks,
Chris

My wife and I are still planning on going on this trip. But, we will not be at the meeting tomorrow. Please post up any trip info in the thread to keep us in the know. Thanks!

Also, we would likely join the convoy in Kingman.

Welcome to the trip Pitch. We will post the info tomorrow. Maybe we will meet up with you in Kingman.

Here are some of the runs we are considering.

Attachments

• Titus Canyon.pdf
    365.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Racetrack Valley Road.pdf
    346.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Lippencott Road.pdf
    415.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Hidden Valley.pdf
    380.8 KB · Views: 96
Looks like DV has thier own Coke Ovens

Yes. Those are near Wildrose.

Possibles:
Murf
Jclark450
Funner
Rudster
Rooty245 is in!

We are solidifying plans for Death Valley, Brice and I have ordered our annual National Parks pass $85 in preparation for the trip. Others if unsure can always by the day passes at the last minute.

Trip will depart Friday morning the 12th, early and we will camp in the park three days and return Monday the 15th. This is an overlanding trip with lots of dirt track to cover each day but promises to be very scenic.

Hi DVD squad...I have to be in TX Fri. Do you have a planned camp site Sat. night or will it be game time decision? Best I can do is arrive Sat afternoon.

We are planning a site for each night, assuming space and availability. Eric, as we get closer to the final agenda we will post the proposed camp locations. Sorry I got the mud names mixed up.

Last edited:
One other factor we need to plan on, time zone. It is one hour earlier in Death Valley than here. That is an advantage for our trip up to Death Valley, but becomes more of a factor for our trip home.

I checked with DVNP to see about buying the 'day use' $20 pass online and you cannot per their reply back to me.

I also could not find any place in Pahrump or Beatty that sells the day use pass (good for 7 days) for $20. I was hopeful that maybe I could purchase it on the way up somewhere.

So, if you do not have the Annual Parks Pass (America the Beautiful or other) you may have to go out of your way once we get near the park to grab the Day Use pass from one of the automated kiosks or the ranger station in the park. I plan to order the annual pass today so I am good to go and this is one less thing to worry about...

So...you may have to go out of your way once we get near the park to grab the Day Use pass from one of the automated kiosks or the ranger station in the park.
You will pass the Grapevine Ranger Station on your way to the Racetrack.

Sorry, just dropped in for some vicarious living. Have fun.

Thanks for the feedback Landcrshr. I think that we are currently planning to enter the park from Beatty (Hwy 374) and Titus Canyon turn road which could put us in the park boundary pretty much most of the day before we get to a kiosk/station for passes. Not sure that is the plan 100% yet so we will see as things firm up. Good to know that there is an option to buy the pass at the Grapevine area.

You'll be fine. No one will "bust" you for entering the park without a pass. In fact, with your plan of attack, you could probably skate by without ever getting one. But I'd never do that because Karma.;)

All the time we were there, Grapevine Ranger Station was not manned. Never once. Maybe because it was winter, but you may not want to count on it. However, there's a automated kiosk there, so maybe not a problem? FYI we didn't buy a pass. Actually the only time we ever saw a Ranger was in Furnace Creek.

PAYMENT LOCATIONS

Payment of the park entrance fee and purchase of annual or lifetime passes using either credit card or cash may be done at these locations during business hours;
Furnace Creek Visitor Center
Scotty's Castle Visitor Center (Closed until further notice)
Stovepipe Wells Ranger Station
Furnace Creek Campground kiosk (when staffed October 15 to April 15)
Payment of park entrance fees using credit card only may be done at automated fee machines 24/7 at:
Furnace Creek Visitor Center
Stovepipe Wells Ranger Station
Grapevine Ranger Station
Ryan Kiosk (east entrance to park on Hwy 190)
Zabriskie Point
Badwater
Hell's Gate (Daylight Pass Road)
Furnace Creek Campground (April 16 to October 14)
Sunset Campground (when open)
Texas Springs Campground (when open)
Stovepipe Wells Campground (when open)
Mesquite Springs Campground

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom