Dash buttons/switches removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A fair distance into the disassembly process and the dash buttons/switches have brought the project to a stand still. Aside from this, so far I haven’t had to google anything surprisingly. This is my first car restoration project.

I‘ve researched multiple forums that say there is some sort of a screw on the back side but I can’t find anything. These pictures don’t show, but I was able to remove a few of the black plastic knobs because they had screws on the bottom side… but a few didn’t… Please let me know if you can help!! Thank you in advance.

BE3F493A-350B-457F-B1BE-E3B4EC96D4A4.jpeg

40D89676-CF35-4468-9E5F-55E6D82F9C1F.jpeg

7C51C9D8-F67F-44CA-B867-A9957CF13744.jpeg

56663441-C5D6-4A6D-BDF3-09B556D5D9FB.jpeg

Look under the switch, u will need an Allan key. Then the switch (plastic part) will unscrew

if the knobs are removed from the switches, grab the silver piece behind the knob and un spin it, lefty loosey.
it is a hollow bolt that holds the switch to the dash panel.
the pic behind the dash, you can see the silver threaded into the gold of the switch body

the pull cables, remove nut from behind dash and pull cable out of dash, catching nut behind the dash.

IMG_20200815_223148(1).jpg

There's a little screw on the bottom of the knob. Once that's loose, you unscrew the knob (see the threads in the picture).

If you turn the knob without unscrewing the set screw in the bottom, you can break that black plastic piece inside the switch (like I did).

I forget what actually holds it to the dash, but once the knobs removed I think it's pretty obvious.

That's the heater switch in the picture, BTW, and there's a bunch of little springs and a ball also inside it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom