Dakar 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This week and next the Dakar is running in South America. Granddaddy of off-road racing. 5400 miles over 12 days off-road, dirt, dust, mud, water, desert, mountains; bikes, cars, quads, heavy trucks all running in different classes. 450+ competitors, 50% attrition. Coverage on YouTube and NBCSN has daily 30-minute summary. Being there is on my bucket list.

Fixed it for ya, Vince!
Oh really Crusha?
Last I heard from you, you wanted nothing to do with building a comp rig...

Trecker Dakar 2019?
20170104_110659_HDR.jpg

Love watching Dakar. The big trucks are fun to watch.

Oh really Crusha?
Last I heard from you, you wanted nothing to do with building a comp rig...

Hell no, not ME, Vince is gonna run it!

Love watching Dakar. The big trucks are fun to watch.
Yeah, watching those 35,000 lb beastes (Matra, Kamaz, Iveco, ryv -- about the size of a garbage truck) floating over the dunes at 90 mph is an awesome sighy.

Yeah, watching those 35,000 lb beastes (Matra, Kamaz, Iveco, ryv -- about the size of a garbage truck) floating over the dunes at 90 mph is an awesome sighy.
That is exactly what I thought. Garbage truck size.

They've lost two full days due to torrential rain. Kind of taking some of the shine off the event, but it can't be helped. Only one American in the top group across all the vehicles, Ricky Brabec, a biker, on his second Dakar, riding for the Honda team and doing quite well. Robby Gordon has run for the past several years, but elected to stay out for this year. The struggle to win has been much harder for Robby than he ever thought when he first started racing.

I only wish that they wouldn't recap the entire race at the beginning of every segment. It takes way too long for the short 30 min segment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom