daily driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im about to start my '73 daily driver re build and was looking for some advice on engine/tranny and axle options. I just finished a '70 with an aggressive sbc and 4spd tranny with stock axles, and there is no way in hell i would use it as a daily driver! Dont get me wrong, its a ton of fun, but not practical for daily use. Ive decided that im going to use disc brakes, automatic tranny, power steering, improve ride, better heat system, basically modern conveniences with the old body style. Im looking for information from others out there who have built a dd that has been upgraded and where to obtain the parts ie engine/tranny axles and improved ride. I have limited success with the search option, maybe not using the best key words. I have a good start body wise, aluminum tub, new fenders, hard top and doors already primed about to start on the frame and cowl so I need to start acquiring drivetrain/chasis parts soon. Thanks for any information

Im about to start my '73 daily driver re build and was looking for some advice on engine/tranny and axle options. I just finished a '70 with an aggressive sbc and 4spd tranny with stock axles, and there is no way in hell i would use it as a daily driver! Dont get me wrong, its a ton of fun, but not practical for daily use. Ive decided that im going to use disc brakes, automatic tranny, power steering, improve ride, better heat system, basically modern conveniences with the old body style. Im looking for information from others out there who have built a dd that has been upgraded and where to obtain the parts ie engine/tranny axles and improved ride. I have limited success with the search option, maybe not using the best key words. I have a good start body wise, aluminum tub, new fenders, hard top and doors already primed about to start on the frame and cowl so I need to start acquiring drivetrain/chasis parts soon. Thanks for any information
Old man emu springs/shocks/bushings ride pretty nice for a daily driver. 3.70 gears in the diffs are nice for helping to keep cruising rpm down. A split case tcase will reduce drivetrain noise significantly. I'm going to be putting vintage ac in mine at some point so I have ac. My factory front and rear heaters however will roast me out of the rig even with the soft top on in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom