cv driveshaft rebuild... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are the universals on the double cardan side the same ones as for the yoke side?
I see Rockford has different numbers but Rockauto does not differentiate.

Precision to Rockford

important cross reference page....

the 407-10 u-joint in the CV portion of the driveshaft is 'unlisted'....according to this page, it's a Precision 513

Precision 387 is what's used in the 'other' areas of the driveshaft (non-double-cardan portions)
I guess if my reading comp was better I would have seen this part.

Are the universals on the double cardan side the same ones as for the yoke side? I see Rockford has different numbers but Rock Auto does not differentiate.

Toyota used two different u-joints on the front double cardan driveshafts between '79-'95. On the slip-yoke end (and both ends of a single-piece rear shaft) the joint used is Precision #513. On the CV end the two joints used are Precision #387.

Toyota also used two different size CV ball kits. Precision #614 fits the CV w/3.070" H yoke u-joint center and .513" ball stud, and Precision #613 fits the CV w/2.813" H yoke u-joint center and .467" ball stud. According to RD's interchange, Precision Kit #613 fits '79-'84 Toyotas while Precision Kit #614 fits the '85-'95 shafts. But I'd measure them first before ordering... just to be sure.

Toyota used two different u-joints on the front double cardan driveshafts between '79-'95. On the slip-yoke end (and both ends of a single-piece rear shaft) the joint used is Precision #513. On the CV end the two joints used are Precision #387.

Toyota also used two different size CV ball kits. Precision #614 fits the CV w/3.070" H yoke u-joint center and .513" ball stud, and Precision #613 fits the CV w/2.813" H yoke u-joint center and .467" ball stud. According to RD's interchange, Precision Kit #613 fits '79-'84 Toyotas while Precision Kit #614 fits the '85-'95 shafts. But I'd measure them first before ordering... just to be sure.
Useful tech there. :cheers:

On the precision kits 513 and 613, where do purchase these items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom