Cutting cab in half forward of wheel wells. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like most northwest fj bj 60/62s ..the sheet metal corrodes from the acidic effects of rain. my wheel wells need to be cut out. The quarter panels need to be majorly repaired. The back tail light sheet metal is crunched in. The tail gate has a hole in it. The frame needs major work on inner c channels some outwide holes near spring perch missing shock cross tube "dam theif sold a rebuilt cross shock tube"

So, what would be best for the 60? cut the cab and discard all of the bad sheet metal and cap off the back of the cab....which to me still seems like lots of work. Repair all the damage done to the wheel wells "inner outer and quarter panel" discard or repair lower hatch. or...sell the truck like it is? it still has a good engine and transmission.

The other problem I have no garage. If I did..then major work could be done to the vehicle.

Last option...find a donar truck with good frame half decent body no holes or repairs needed..no engine no tramission work. I found one but it is 1.5 hours north of me.

I would LOVE to partner with some in in the Tacoma to Olympia area to sell or possibly repair land cruisers.

I say find a donor and swap running gear. Body and frame work is slow and expensive. Swapping drive train is mostly nuts and bolts, and some time!

If you can find a donor for $2-4000, I bet it would be way cheaper and easier than body and frame repairs!

I say find a donor and swap running gear. Body and frame work is slow and expensive. Swapping drive train is mostly nuts and bolts, and some time!

If you can find a donor for $2-4000, I bet it would be way cheaper and easier than body and frame repairs!
Find a place a garage would be also huge. Its getting pricey to live in the Puget sound. I know of the donnar truck up north for 1,000 dollars.

it's alot more work and wear and tear than you are ready to take on...

You mean like this I have pondered on doing this to one of my rusty 62s

WmtDl52.jpg

Bobbed and crew cab ... like a 24in bed

IMG_6483.PNG

@Mace is that your bob?

this is the coolest cut-off 60 series...
4ef424b7ba328274c29998edbfc07623.jpg

FJ60PU.jpg

I want to make a P/u like this someday

is it coming or going?

Yeah, that's my bobbed 60..

20160826_1512511.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom