Custom Side Panel Storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will Van

GOLD Star
Threads
Several different companies make awesome custom panel storage for the rear cargo area of the 60 series LCs. Does anyone make a similar product for the 80 series?

wagongear.com

e2918af78d753ef79adbfb7383d8cbf7--land-cruiser-side-panels.jpg

SidePanelSlide1.jpg

cargo-panel-jpg.933783

80s have alot more plastic covering stuff in the rear vs 60's

80s have alot more plastic covering stuff in the rear vs 60's

That’s true. And the plastic panel goes all the way from the rear passenger door jamb/C-pillar to the corner of the tailgate/D-pillar. Lots of angles and curves to wrap around. It's probably not practical.

Last edited:
@reevesci Jason, can you help with this?

That's pretty slick. I also like the cargo tie-downs. I did something sort of similar with my 55 using eye bolts and the existing fastener holes.

Whilst I put the water bladder in the right side I had a carpenter carefully cut some IIRC 1/4 ply to shape. I then cut the plastic just as the curves start at each end. Used some staples and fitted the curved plastic to the ply. Covered it all with the speaker cabinet cloth (takes some knocks) and screwed it place, looks factory.

Regards

Dave

Whilst I put the water bladder in the right side I had a carpenter carefully cut some IIRC 1/4 ply to shape. I then cut the plastic just as the curves start at each end. Used some staples and fitted the curved plastic to the ply. Covered it all with the speaker cabinet cloth (takes some knocks) and screwed it place, looks factory.

Regards

Dave

Any photos?

Regards

Dave
Picture would be worth a 1000 words on this, but it sounds sweet.

As per requested.

20180115_140745.jpg
20180115_140806.jpg
20180115_140624.jpg
20180115_140759.jpg

The 80 is being stripped out for ongoing modifications so apologies for rubbish floating around. Screw heads get a dab with the black marker once in awhile.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
IIRC the bladder is marked 25 litres, but have topped it with around 27? The box with the gauges also has a pump inside, does not affect my third row seating, and the pipe connects to my shower.

Regards

Dave

Jesus, I didn't know I was dealing with Andrew Carnegie over here. :hillbilly:

A shower!?

That sounds too good to be true. I bet I could convince a good number of reluctant campers if I could offer such amenities.

Jesus, I didn't know I was dealing with Andrew Carnegie over here. :hillbilly:

A shower!?

That sounds too good to be true. I bet I could convince a good number of reluctant campers if I could offer such amenities.

:D Yep, when the RTT opens the area that overhangs the side of the car, has a rail and the shower head clips to the roof rack. I do get into isolated areas and camp out, and if it has been a hot minging day, a shower before bed time is nice.

It has other uses, my little dog might find a dead animal and decides to roll in it, you know, collecting some extra cadaver #5 perfume, there is no way she is coming in the tent stinking! :D

Regards

Dave

Like the old school analog meters:cool:

Yep I like them, I can see whats going on by the needle position with my dodgy eyes without having to find my glasses, I find the LED digital style hard to see, especially when it's sunny,

Regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom