SOLD Custom Diamond Front Axle for 4Runner ($3,500) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This was built to be my ultimate Toyota front axle for a 1995 4Runner with Solid Front Axle swap (passenger side drop). In the end the project never got finished and the axle sat for years without ever being driven (that's right ZERO miles). The parts list is as good as you could buy 10 years ago:

1. Diamond axle housing with gussets, mini-truck perches, solid steering stops
2. Trail-Gear 3rd member with 5.29 gears and ARB air locker
3. Longfield 30 spline axles
4. ARP Knuckle Studs
5. Diamond Tie-Rod
6. Aisin Hubs
7. IFS front hubs, rotors (new), calipers
8. Trail-Gear backing plate eliminator kit
9. Trail-Gear High Steer Arms
10. Internal seals that keep differential fluid off the Longfields

I just had my mechanic go through the axle and install new knuckle bearings and seals (Marlin Crawler kit). Parts and labor for that was $350. I priced all this stuff out this week and it is more than $5000 without shipping, and lead times are in months, not weeks. This is a bolt on go anywhere Toyota front axle. Trailer offers complete front axles, but they run $7,899. The reason for me selling is I never finished the truck and wound up buying a new Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon

I'm asking $3,500. Located in Sandy Springs, GA.

IMG_6221.jpeg

IMG_6217.jpeg

IMG_6209.jpeg

IMG_6208.jpeg

IMG_6215.jpeg

That’s a 8” or 9.5” third? WMS width? Original Longfields or Trailgear “longfields”?
Stock knuckle bearings or Marlin 25mm bearings?
those aren’t IFS hubs or rotors, just regular 60/mini hubs/rotors FYI.

Hi,

I'll assume it's the 8". It is the Trail-Gear 140041-1-KIT 3rd member. WMS is approximately 61.25" Original Longfields. I believe the standard knuckle bearing size.

My mistake I guess on the rotors, etc. I pulled them off the 1995 V6 4Runner IFS when I built the axle.

Hopefully this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom