Events/Trails Cruisers on the Rocks II "The Deuce" : October 20-23 Windrock Park, Tennessee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah. To strengthen the diff. Stonger carrier and spider assembly.
Diff was rebuilt less than 10k ago, with Nitro gear. Yeah, the carrier could flex, but it is 4 pinion and the gears should be nice and tight. More worried about getting over the rocks nice and slow, bashing over them is not really my driving style. :) 1500rpm and let the Atrac do its thing.....

K, what did you all do? Bust carriers or trash teeth? Stock or aftermarket R+Ps?
AFAIK they broke ring and pinion teeth. All later model 4-pinion factory gears. I suspect carrier/case flex was the issue. I witnessed all 3 😬

AFAIK they broke ring and pinion teeth. All later model 4-pinion factory gears. I suspect carrier/case flex was the issue. I witnessed all 3 😬
20 years of wear and tear on factory teeth will do that.... I'm going to look pretty stupid if I end up trashing my nitro geared front, but for now I'm going to stick with just rear locker.

@ogsuv , @vsatking , @wiscoGX , @varun bhargava, let's plan for a WI convoy. Windrock is a blast with trails for all types of trucks. The organizers of this event are bona fide cruiser heads and already have a successful event under their belt.

@Matthew810 , @Attn2Detail

Oh heck, I might just cross post in the WI club!

20 years of wear and tear on factory teeth will do that.... I'm going to look pretty stupid if I end up trashing my nitro geared front, but for now I'm going to stick with just rear locker.
I’m sure wear and tear were definitely a factor. Probably had a bit more backlash than a new setup….😬

This event is THE ONE you should make if you drive a 100 or 200. Windrock is amazing and this event will be everything you want to make it be. Want to take it easy…plenty of trails and stuff around to take it easy. Want to do stuff that will make you worry about body damage…plenty of that stuff too! And everything in between! I’ll be there again this year and it’s probably going to be the only trip I actually do. I might even have my rear locker actually wired up by then! 😬

By the way…the bonfire didn’t happen because @ga12r1 bought firewood from a guy who pulled it out of a lake before delivering it. Maybe we can have a little foresight this year and NOT get firewood from THAT guy!

This event is THE ONE you should make if you drive a 100 or 200. Windrock is amazing and this event will be everything you want to make it be. Want to take it easy…plenty of trails and stuff around to take it easy. Want to do stuff that will make you worry about body damage…plenty of that stuff too! And everything in between! I’ll be there again this year and it’s probably going to be the only trip I actually do. I might even have my rear locker actually wired up by then! 😬

By the way…the bonfire didn’t happen because @ga12r1 bought firewood from a guy who pulled it out of a lake before delivering it. Maybe we can have a little foresight this year and NOT get firewood from THAT guy!
I bought it from that guy cause I thought he was your cousin🤷🏻‍♂️

start with a stack of pallets and just about anything will burn....allegedly

Are there videos from last year somewhere? If I do happen to be lucky enough to get a ticket, should I just bring a spare replacement front diff? :)

Even triple locked guys will most likely be pulling cable at that one ledge on 30. IIRC Lee was the only that made it up. And that’s cause he went all Dukes of Hazard on it.
We've ran it enough now to know what it takes and we have much better success ratio, but yeah, it's not really an obstacle you can crawl.:steer:

What is the prior attendee's ticket on the COTR website?
It’s an early registration ticket that will go on sell on July 3 for attendees of last years event. A coupon code will be emailed to everyone that attended last year later this week. 👍

Even triple locked guys will most likely be pulling cable at that one ledge on 30. IIRC Lee was the only that made it up. And that’s cause he went all Dukes of Hazard on it.
I didn't pull cable.

Don't be a 🐈

Ledge:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom