Cruisers and Coffee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Serious Coffee beside Windward Pub between 12 and 12:30 Saturday. Just going by Metal Supermarket and then coffee. Still getting stupid little stuff for the BJ74 project.

It was great having a java with you John and talking cruisers, thanks for the invite today

Yeah, good coffee and cruiser talk. That FJ40 is very sweet! Glad you came by.
We did determine that a Costco tarp is not a garage, LOL!!

There is a bunch of new people, regular Nanaimo people. Any interest in meeting at a pub in Nanaimo around 7 pm for the local crowd? I was thinking Southgate Pub ( off Bruce?) Or Black Bear Pub? I don't want this to be a two man show, if we can get 4+ guys then I'd come for an hour just to catch up and meet and greet. Any takers or interest. I don't know people so I'm throwing it out.
I guess if we got enough 'Yes' by 5 pm I'll be there, wherever that is. Preference is Black Bear, nice out of the way but central. J

Had a fairly intense tree trimming day that escalated into me dangling from a crane with bosun chair and chainsaw.

I am thirteen shades of done for the evening, other than periodically limping from couch to the fridge.

But I'd be down for a pub night some other time. I'm sure Rob and I can pretend to play nice for an evening. :beer:

No problem, just thought it might be a cool idea for short notice.
Thought I'd have a bit of celebration.
I've been finishing up the BJ74.
FINALLY got the steering box in, aligned, and running. Thanks to Nick for advice on flushing the system.
Another way is to forget the lines are disconnected, then drive 50' spraying fluid all over the *******
place. At least the system was empty when I refilled it.
Tomorrow windshield and final assembly for inspection.

Tonight I heard little feet, I'm reloading...

Last edited:
I have to drop a dog off at the vet on Thursday morning at 7 am. Scheduled surgery. JimJ and I need to
swap some mirrors. I've got the 74 running good, so I'm working on the 60 doing running gear maintenance.
I was thinking Serious Coffee Woodgrove ( usual place by the muffler shop ) around 8:30 AM for all who are
about. Thursday, Feb 2.
I'll be there, any and all who want to sit around and yack come along.

I have to drop a dog off at the vet on Thursday morning at 7 am. Scheduled surgery. JimJ and I need to
swap some mirrors. I've got the 74 running good, so I'm working on the 60 doing running gear maintenance.
I was thinking Serious Coffee Woodgrove ( usual place by the muffler shop ) around 8:30 AM for all who are
about. Thursday, Feb 2.
I'll be there, any and all who want to sit around and yack come along.
I will be at home with my pup, she is having leg surgery. Stop by to pick up mirrors if you want.

Ok, will text you. J

Anyone I haven't talked to going to maybe show up? I know its a normal work day, but nothing
in Nanaimo is normal...Anyhow, still Serious about this at 8:30 am

Anyone I haven't talked to going to maybe show up? I know its a normal work day, but nothing
in Nanaimo is normal...Anyhow, still Serious about this at 8:30 am
Went all the way to Victoria, hotel booked ready for the surgery, and they had to reschedule forgot to mention that to us, oops! Anyways they are going to give us a better price on it and we will be able to make your coffee meeting now, will bring your mirrors, see you there! JJ

We had a raffle, Jeremy won the trailer. Too bad no one showed up. HaHa!! It was good,
got to admire that sweet, sweet ride that JimJ got. Heck of a find, lifetimer this rig!
I got home, went to the sawmill and loaded up a load of cedar lumber into the back of the 74.

We had a raffle, Jeremy won the trailer. Too bad no one showed up. HaHa!! It was good,
got to admire that sweet, sweet ride that JimJ got. Heck of a find, lifetimer this rig!
I got home, went to the sawmill and loaded up a load of cedar lumber into the back of the 74.
WTF?! I lost the raffle? haha! Glad it went to my bro JB now I got a 4 star hotel to stay at in the woods....

Hey JimJ, I've got an appointment tomorrow at 1:30 at Country Club so how about instead of coffee,
lunch at Tania's @ 12:00? Rob came and made it all happen successfully at my place today. The 60 is risen,
all new parts, WOW!! Geez, like a ******* rocket ship compared to the BJ74.
So anyone else in Nanaimo tomorrow and can swing by for lunch, there will be a fine display of 60's and
burgers will be eaten, lies will be told.
Tania's @ noon, 12:00 however it looks

I will be their for sure, never even heard of that restaurant.. will call Jimbro up and see if he is available. He like to eat;)

I will be their for sure, never even heard of that restaurant.. will call Jimbro up and see if he is available. He like to eat;)
We've been going back and forth messaging, not too sure he can make it. see how it works out.

Any others in Nanaimo, stop by if close enough and schedule works out.

Any others in Nanaimo, stop by if close enough and schedule works out.

Thanks for lunch Jonathon..good food in that little old hole in the wall...

Nice to see your 60 back on the ground and rolling..remind who you purchased those drain plugs from?

My pleasure, least I could do for all your help.
10 mm Oil Drain Fittings were from Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom