'Cruiser Insurance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scott11cruiser

Troublemaker
GOLD Star
Threads
Gents-I've recently moved back to NC, and went through the joys of setting up insurance. It got me thinking, these rigs are getting older, and classic car insurance can be pretty cost effective-but comes with restrictions.

What are you all using for an older rig, that still sees trail time?

I’ve used Hagerty for the past 5 years and have been super pleased with them. I don’t think they’re super espensive, and you just have an agreed upon value of the truck that I have increased substantially over the past few years with the rising popularity of land cruisers, and it has barely changed my premium. I do not have a mileage limit to it either, but they do require that it cannot be your only car and it’s treated as a collectors car (which I do).

I have vehicles with Infiniti and Hagarty both . Then of course Geico for my other Cruisers.

I have also been using Hagerty to insure my vintage Land Cruiser. Earlier this week I requested a quote from Americal Collectors Insurance to compare to Hagerty. While they were 10-15% less expensive, their high-end coverages (at least what you could choose from online) didn't line up with the minimums I need for my umbrella insurance with Travelers. Therefore, I am staying with Hagerty.

I'm currently with Grundy, have been for about 5 years, but when I re - upped after the move, I paid a bit more attention at the restrictions.

I like to take mine on the trail from time to time (Hurricane Creek, KTTR, CRR) and worried I'm potentially violating some of the fine print.

I'll look into Hagerty and see if the policy fits better.

Im using Hagerty. Premiums haven’t really changed since 3-4 years ago when there was a pretty decent increase based on a lot of regional claims (hurricane and flooding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom