Cruiser grey paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can get some touch up paint for my cruiser, I've tried Canadain tire and Lordco and haven't had any luck. There is a difference in grey from the 85 front clip to the 92 body

The paint code is 183 , for the 92 body.

Thanks,
Joel.

DSC07126.jpg
DSC07126.jpg

I went to a local parts store that sells lots of paint supplies, dude came out with this little camera, put it on the truck and used some sorta code it gave him to mix me a pot of paint.

You can get them to make you a spray bomb of the mixed colour too if you only want a little bit.

the color code is ont he firewall, take it in to your local paint shop and they will make up a quart for you, although a gallon is not that much more. it is a base clear so the color match won't be perfect but close enough.

did you get 5th gear fixed yet?

Thanks for the reply guys, I rang a auto paint store gave them the code#, no problem.:beer:

Wayne- Tranny is still unchanged, but if you give it a little throttle she slides in no problem. I'm piecing together a set of 35's to help with the top end, 2/4 so far;)

yah, when mine comes back from the paint shop i am sticking a set of 35s on as well... those 4.90s are killers.

Joel:

Just quick heads up.

My HZJ73 is also a "183" color code. :eek:
This spring I replaced my windshield frame, and the paint shop I used had information that showed three or four different variations :bang: of the "183" color code.:confused:
At least one was bluer and one was grayer than than the color that's on my cruiser, just like the the color difference that shows up between the front clip and the body on your LC. :whoops:

We still had to use paint chips to determine which variation of "183" my cruiser is.

HTH's, YMMV

Jim

Last edited:
I talked to a guy from NBR in Salmon arm, 183 came up as 2 possible colours. One being grey and the other having a bit of violet in it. The grey/violet one was for a single tone paint job and the grey was for a two tone. Anywho thanks for the heads up Jim, as long as it's close the bush/dirt mat finish will blend it all :steer::D

Thanks again,
Joel.

Joel:

From the paint chips we looked at, it wouldn't surprise me if both ends of your Cruiser were already painted with different versions of "183".
I believe NBR has/uses one of those camera type analyzers, but those things are notorious for not getting the metal flake (or white, or gray) correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom