Cruise Control Shuts off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi my 94 LC is having an issue with Cruise Control. I put it on and it holds speed just fine. But after about 1mile Cruise Control shuts off and the vehicle begins to slow. The Cruise Control light stays on, but it acts like I pressed the brake (even though I haven't). Any experience with this? What is the fix?

Thanks!

I believe you can pull trouble codes from the cruise control system via the diagnostic port on the firewall. Directions are in the FSM.

Mine did the exact same thing after my transmission swap.. Turned out to be the kick-down cable was not adjusted properly so the CC shuts down if it can't downshift correctly, exact same symptoms as you describe.
I adjusted the kick-down cable and 0 problems with the CC afterwards.
All it took for me was maybe 1/2 or less of a turn on adjustment, it's a 5 min fix.
For me it was obviously that my Cable was fine just not adjusted properly after re-install of the transmission. For you, perhaps your cable has stretched or is damaged? Anyhow first adjust it, and see if that solves the problem! ;)
And Bonus, if it is that, then you'll probably be really happy with the firmer downshifts and better transmission feel that you don't even know you were missing! :cheers:

Last edited:
Lockdown is likely. The adjustment is two nuts sandwiching a bracket. I always see one of those nuts loose. Even on my own truck.

Hmmm, my cruise control just blinks when I click it on....any thoughts anyone?..like to get this fixed before my vacation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom