Cracked dashboard ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I just received my cruiser and a previous owner installed a phone mount with adhesive to the dashboard that was a little too sticky. Getting ahold of a replacement dashboard is pretty difficult, so I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on a way to cover this up in a tasteful, non-tacky way. I was thinking about making a panel out of aluminum and securing it with rivets to cover the area, and using that with a RAM mount for my phone. Alternatively, maybe a gauge cluster? It'd be nice to know the EGT's..

What would you do with this?

tempImagedG9wK8.jpg

Bonus pic of the steering wheel wrap I just finished, and one of the cruiser itself! Makes the truck feel a lot newer than the cracked dash would suggest!

tempImageKOQfA3.jpg
tempImagevbm6yn.jpg

Dash cover until you find a replacement crash pad??

a shame cause its a nice looking truck and you see that every time your behind the wheel
is the adhesive hardened on the dash or pliable? maybe a heat gun on a low heat setting and slowly work the adhesive away using a plastic card & off that phone holder as well

you may then be able to place the piece from the holder back down on the dash with light adhesive or take it to a dash repair place and maybe they can vinyl / plastic weld it back plus repair the other bit

Aluminum panel might be annoying in sunlight?

Last edited:
Maybe a large vinyl decal?

1649681595211.png

Another mount or a dash cove. Or, one of those non-skid rubber pads that keep your phone from sliding around

Hi all, I just received my cruiser and a previous owner installed a phone mount with adhesive to the dashboard that was a little too sticky. Getting ahold of a replacement dashboard is pretty difficult, so I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on a way to cover this up in a tasteful, non-tacky way. I was thinking about making a panel out of aluminum and securing it with rivets to cover the area, and using that with a RAM mount for my phone. Alternatively, maybe a gauge cluster? It'd be nice to know the EGT's..

What would you do with this?

View attachment 2977457

Bonus pic of the steering wheel wrap I just finished, and one of the cruiser itself! Makes the truck feel a lot newer than the cracked dash would suggest!

View attachment 2977458View attachment 2977459
Nice truck, are you in Japan or did you import that?

Maybe you could fill in the cracks with some kind of resin to make it look decent, I'd hate to have to replace the while dash over that one little crack.

A professional shop might be able to do repair that damage, but the only thing you can do is cover it up.

Those actually look pretty functional, do you have one on your truck?

Got a pic by any chance??
Someone else just recently posted a pic of a Carhartt brand version as well.

Escapegear is the most popular and does RHD and LHD

Got a pic by any chance??
No, but @thatcabledude has posted a picture of his:

After a few hot days in the sun, the lumps from shipping disappear.

Hmm.....would rather look at that and have some pockets rather than that middle crack in my dash.....

Color doesn't match so well but still looks good.

Thanks fellas

Nice truck, are you in Japan or did you import that?

Maybe you could fill in the cracks with some kind of resin to make it look decent, I'd hate to have to replace the while dash over that one little crack.

I'm a USAF dude stationed in Japan currently. I'll be importing it when I return to the states

No, but @thatcabledude has posted a picture of his:

After a few hot days in the sun, the lumps from shipping disappear.

I might just have to go with the dash re-wrap like in that thread. Looks really nice.
View attachment 2297241
View attachment 2297242

Hmm.....would rather look at that and have some pockets rather than that middle crack in my dash.....

Color doesn't match so well but still looks good.

Thanks fellas
Francis, I have one too and plan to buy two more for my other 80s. They're fantabulous. I shove all sorts of handy things inside them and they look great. Very tough/durable--Great quality

No pockets on that one huh? Looks really nice though…
No pockets, I prefer minimal dash clutter annnd usually maximum center console clutter 😂

I keep a hat up there usually but all my tools, are stored in my rear storage drawers. Not sure what I would even store on the dash honestly 🤔 lemon scented moist towelettes 😂🐔🍗

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom