Events/Trails Coyote Flats trip Labor Day Weekend (9/3-7) 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks!
The terrain didn't bother me. Have an 80 that's setup and good to go.

Wasn't sure if google would get you there but reading back they mention it. Didn't know if it would work up there with service either

Thanks!
The terrain didn't bother me. Have an 80 that's setup and good to go.

Wasn't sure if google would get you there but reading back they mention it. Didn't know if it would work up there with service either
No service up there, open Google maps and save an offline map of the entire area, go bigger than you think you'll need.
Screenshot_20200715-105543.png
Screenshot_20200715-105620.png

Then click "select your own map" and zoom out and scroll around until you have the area you want within the rectangle and click download.

yeah I use that offline feature.

Your 80 will crush it up there, nothing to worry about.

If you have time over labor day feel free to join us. The camping area we are using is huge.

Frank

Many offroaders also like the Gaia mapping app. It works well on iPhones and iPads and on a Windows PC. Lots of overlays available for national parks and forests that show trails. You can also download the map areas in advance of going so you don't need to be online. Lastly you can record your runs for later viewing or sharing. All in all I've found it to be pretty decently detailed for trips I've done and the cost isn't terrible at about $20/year.

All Trails is another option. It was intended to be more hike oriented but there are a lot of OHV routes on there. Pro Version allows offline map download of 1:12.5K UGSG topos, road maps, satellite imagery, etc. OnX is awesome for hunting so I'm curious to see how the offroad version fares. They do a good job tracking/listing/displaying public lands. Not sure if it has as many map layers though.

Alright friends, just bumping this to update/firm up the attendee list.

In a week or so we can start planning the epic pot luck action.

Frank

This ones going to be epic. Trout fishing, whiskey , epic foods. Can't wait!

Anyone else I can add to the attendee list?

List updated!

I am planning to attend, not sure if my brother or kids or a kid will join. If others are bringing kids and family I may bring my son along.

I am planning to attend, not sure if my brother or kids or a kid will join. If others are bringing kids and family I may bring my son along.

i'm bringing Wyatt for sure, possibly wife and Ellie (11) too.

Updated the potluck recommendations....

The weather is looking to be just about perfect with highs in the 70's and lows in the 30's/40's.

All packed and ready to go except some minor food drinks etc. Not sure what to do for the pot luck, just not set up for big meals, but we can contribute drinks etc. Hamilton and I will likely caravan together and meet along the trail or at camp on Thursday. Checking fire restrictions, they are not clear on the web and the ranger is closed according to the website.

All packed and ready to go except some minor food drinks etc. Not sure what to do for the pot luck, just not set up for big meals, but we can contribute drinks etc. Hamilton and I will likely caravan together and meet along the trail or at camp on Thursday. Checking fire restrictions, they are not clear on the web and the ranger is closed according to the website.
Let me see if I can contact Adam, he works for the USFS up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom