cottonwood info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I heard there's gonna be a Japanese restaurant where the old Budget rent-a-car was in the Food City shop centre. Personally, I'm all about Thai food these days. I love the one here in C'wood, but like to hit other ones to check out the subtle differences.

hmm Thai food - I like... There are a few nice ones here in cali where I am working - did not know CW had one - I know jack about CW - where is it?

no sweat, i would comment on the goodness of the tai food but look what happened to my mex food sugestions, of course i havent been around many of the mex places in the verde valley to really see whats good. the problem with mex food here is macayos. that style has become the norm and most other restaurants seem to go that route. its good food, not authentic, but it makes a turd.

I seafood I eat it... ;) it is always good to get opinions on the food out there. Sometimes it could be a different cook/chef showed up on that day and makes things a little differently. I usually give a place a few times unless it is down right awful. Sedona is not know for its food which is a shame considering the view. I am always looking for something different. The Thai sounds interesting especially being in CW

well if your ever hungry in phx, let me know i have a few awsome places that have different and interesting menues.

African hmm... intriguing - I have experienced Ethiopian food once not sure what I had - I do like fine Middle Eastern/ Indian - but I am always up for a complete culinary surprise. We'll have to do it then

Aww rhino, didn't mean to put a crimp in your comments. I'm not outspoken on much, but food is one subject where I am. And actually, I agree with you about Mai Thai. It's pretty good. I only wish they served drunken noodle -- a dish I haven't been able to find at any Thai restaurant in AZ. Though, I was looking at the menu for a place in Flag, and sure enough, it looks like they may have it!

dd -- pleeeeaaase open a good restaurant here!!!

Quote: dd -- pleeeeaaase open a good restaurant here!!!

------------------------------------
believe me, it is on my list

I had this African dish once.... a friend of mine from Israel that was going to college out here made it. It was a green leafy sauce kind of like a pesto sauce over rice. Mind you I like very spicy hot foods, but this stuff pushed my limits. It was really good although once you got past the heat.

Do you know it it is called or have you ever heard of anything like it RHINO?

grrlscout89FJ62 said:
Aww rhino, didn't mean to put a crimp in your comments. I'm not outspoken on much, but food is one subject where I am.

ohh you didnt ;) and food, yeah i loooove good food. for a while the wife and i were trying a new place every month, basically open the phone book and pick a place we'd never been to or even heard of, the more exotic the better. some were great, some were not, but it really gave me an idea of what i like and it seems africa,(esp northern africa) and the middle eastern regions are my favorites.

Cantinero said:
It was a green leafy sauce kind of like a pesto sauce over rice. Mind you I like very spicy hot foods, but this stuff pushed my limits.
Do you know it it is called or have you ever heard of anything like it RHINO?

hard to say, so many things are spicy. but it could have been either sakuma wiki or molokhia, both are green, saucy and use alot of peppers.

Tools R Us I had this South African dish once, but she was.... OH nevermind!

RHINO said:
the only south african dish you had was the one everybody else tried!!! :flipoff2:

are you speaking of that oohoohbabedome dish from West Africa? That was quite a long time ago but it was pretty tasty :D :ban:

...Nothing like a good Vindaloo to get the blood circulating :bounce2:

desertdude said:
I have experienced Ethiopian food once not sure what I had

Prolly dry white rice and powdered milk. Did it say UNICEF on the little tin cup they served it in? :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom