Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
Indian creek today

Glad you kept that 60, Dave.
thanks , I am as well But I had to change some things and sell my truck to do it, and then drive the 100 more than I want to but it's a great cruiser.

Got over a major hurdle tonight. May not seem like much from the pic, but for those of you that know when using the Marks Adapter with a 4l80 in an 80 the t-case shifter is waaaaaaay off. Thanks to the help of @lenross1 my t-case shifter is now in the stock location and my OEM linkage hooked right up and is operational.
IMG_1561.JPG

Lenny made a plate out of 1/4" steel plate that moves the shifter up and over. I'm going to take it back off and use it for a template for all of the swap to come.

Might as well upgrade, RCV time. 49Tire is a RCV dealer holla at wct49 and he will get them on the way.

Reactions: JTU
I've always thought that you weren't supposed to run chromoly shafts, like RCV, on a daily driver. Is that true?

You would have to put WAY more miles on yours to see them wear fast.

That was a $2000 ignore for me...

I'm sitting on the parts. It just does not interest me. I like working on my old junk. I guess Im waiting for a reason to take it to 49 Tire

I've always thought that you weren't supposed to run chromoly shafts, like RCV, on a daily driver. Is that true?

I've been running rcv's daily for the last 4 years or so. I drive with a heavy right foot and the truck is on 40's, no issues at all.
The new rcv's are gun drilled on the birf so maintenance is a breeze, just pop off the dust cap and fill with a couple pumps of the grease gun.

@offr0adlim0 @wngrog. The drive flange looks just as bad as the axle does. I already have the parts for the knuckles to fix the bearing issues but would you take a road trip with the axles and drive flanges in this condition? Trying to get it back together for this weekend.

Are you doing any wheeling on this trip? Judging by your pics if it were me I'd drive something else. If the flange strips out the truck will be imobile. If you have a Center Diff Lock switch you will be able to limp it home on the pavement but you will be hard pressed to get it off a trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom