Cottonland Overland Opine Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
Won't be crossing the piney creek (ark) anytime soon LOL

IMG_0154.PNG
Looks like the Buffalo river took a pretty good jump as well

Reactions: dnp
AWNING TECH QUESTION

So there is a big group buy/sale going on for a TJM Awning. Reg $312, sale $157.50 here:

7' Awning Group Buy thru Boss 4x4 - HUGE Discount (Ends 4/30/17)

My question is: how well, sturdy will this mount to an OE rack on a 99 100 Series. Are the TJM mounts the best option for this?

Don't want it flopping around...want a legit non-janky mount...but not getting a rack anytime soon (ever).

Thanks!

I'll take hokey (Andy is my hero) but is it a sturdy mount, good for highway speeds?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hoping to beat some rain myself and a heep buddy put in a few miles (275 mostly dirt) in N. Central Ar. Tuesday thru Thursday and hit a couple trails not hundy friendly by any means, so the 60 got the call. not #EAF by some standards since I had to use a tarp for a awning, and had no snorkel , but we had a cool time but also got 4" of rain in about a hour and a half and a tornado just south of us on Wed and the creeks jacked up quick ! We were trying to get to a crossing before it got to deep to cross but we failed and had to turn around , and a crossing a few miles back that we would have to cross again had me a little worried even though it was only less than a foot deep when we crossed it on the way in. I failed to get any pics of this crossing because quite frankly we were jus trying to get the hell out of there, this crossing had come up to about 40" deep in a little over a hour . luckily we both got across it even though the current pushed us both down stream a couple feet with tires churning ... We had one bridge to cross to get on the ridge we wanted , the creek had just started coming over the top of it, but we bailed off and made it ok . We got the hell to high ground and stayed there. Going as far west as white rock mt. About 30 miles North of Clarksville Ar . We went to a old fire tire that had cool pit for doing equipment maintenance among other old foundations in the area .Any way it was a good few days but with up to 8" of rain forecasted for the weekend I'm glad we went when we did..everyone likes pics so here a few in no real order

Last edited:
It is amazing how fast the water rises....no way I would have ever believed you but living here now I am amazed.

Thanks for sharing.....
Yea that flash flood at Albert Pike rec area that killed all those folks a few years ago changed a lot of people's thinking including the local forest service, who has shut down a lot of camping in their areas mainly in SW part of the state. They were closing gates on every rec area and campground near a river on Wed. Around where we were. Including wolf pen and Redding on the mulberry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom