Cottonland Hunting/Shooting Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone got an AR they want to sell? I recently had a bunch of 5.56 given to me (No, they weren't throwing it away at the base). Now I need a weapon to use it in! ;)
Nevermind. My little bro is giving me an upper with optics. Ordered a lower yesterday. I'll be in this thing for $300... Sometimes patience pays off :)

Random Q. Any of you guys that have trusts in MS, or if you don't but know an attorney that does them, care to share their contact info. I have an attorney here in TN that is looking into them and said he'd welcome any conversations with others who have more experience. You can PM me if you'd rather.

Thanks

Random Q. Any of you guys that have trusts in MS, or if you don't but know an attorney that does them, care to share their contact info. I have an attorney here in TN that is looking into them and said he'd welcome any conversations with others who have more experience. You can PM me if you'd rather.

Thanks
This guy did my trust. He’s an NRA lawyer and knows his stuff.

I had one done through nfalawyers.com, a website run by guys on another forum I frequent. $99. Worked out well for me. YMMV.

Ruger Ranch 300blk rotary mag model. Factory threaded, a few marks on rail from scope rings, comes with 2 rotary mag, 2 boxes of Winchester 150 grain. 550 local only. located in Brandon MS I have a couple of these and it’s one of my favorite shooters.

3FF77372-E7BD-40AA-B268-05DDDE0124E9.jpeg

1F1BA84C-0E01-42B4-8D9E-CEB3405E858A.jpeg

5B821187-418E-4ED2-BA19-5BA29BF97046.jpeg

FB63712A-6E40-4ACE-B32F-E0CC91FF72B1.jpeg

General Store had a 2-box maximum (7.99 per). One of the few times having a couple of kids over 18 pays off.

95D1E892-69EB-49DE-9485-22B077F0FCD3.jpeg

3/8" steel still not 308 proof 😎 and it punches a .50" hole.

7.62x39mm didn't penetrate.

E130DA10-8EFD-428B-99A9-D33791539AE1.jpeg

9C50EA0B-2CFE-4109-9D0A-73DED83B2A68.jpeg

We punished this one only after determining that it was a good design for pistol rounds up to 45.

We are at 1 year+ in Georgia

Based on feedback from local friends (i.e., Ga) that have gotten silencers in the past year; 11 months, 9 months, 6 months were their wait times

Too small of a sampling to define an average.
Additional factor for possible consideration: Individuals in all three examples hold DoD clearances plus Ga concealed carry permits (i.e., regularly investigated by the government).

Only thing clear is that no experiences are quick. Good luck

FYI, Been buying 5.56 ammo at Academy weekly. 200 round boxes have been in stock (for a few hours) several times a week. Mon-Wed-Friday is their truck schedule normally. They sold out of 9mm in about 15 minutes this morning!

Sig has a winner with the M17.
2100 rounds, one malfunction. It was a poor ejection (most likely a weak hand grip by soldier)

highly impressed. I also love the locking mechanisms on molded holsters. Their worthless for y’all unless a LEO. But they SECURE the weapon while having it accessible.

3201BA8A-3259-47FF-9163-5990EC414AD1.jpeg

The little :princess: got some range time in this weekend. Whilst running her pink rascal she looks at me and says "we should do this more at home"

Yes ma'am we should, and we shall moving forward.

20210724_151135.jpg

20210724_143337.jpg

But we are definitely finding her something with a magazine because single shot loading a bolt action 22 is for the birds

I was quite proud. First time in a looonnnggg time for her. After a couple shots she was plinking the ar500 at about 30-40 yards on iron sights

The little :princess: got some range time in this weekend. Whilst running her pink rascal she looks at me and says "we should do this more at home"

Yes ma'am we should, and we shall moving forward.

View attachment 2742512

View attachment 2742511

But we are definitely finding her something with a magazine because single shot loading a bolt action 22 is for the birds

I was quite proud. First time in a looonnnggg time for her. After a couple shots she was plinking the ar500 at about 30-40 yards on iron sights
Matthew,
Kudos to your little princess. Kudos to you too making sure that she has the opportunity. Last Friday when I was at the range, the lane next to me was a grandfather with his granddaughter and grandson. They were taking turns with a 22. It looked like a very memorable time for them. Left me thinking that I will need to get my grandson out soon.

On that note, how well does the rascal work for your daughter? My H&R M12 would be a poor choice as a introductory rifle, so I will need to explore other options. If your experiences lead to any recommendations or lessons learned, I would welcome hearing all that you could share.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom