Cottonland Hunting/Shooting Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of plinking suppressed. Carried this thing for a little while and shot it suppressed, I highly dont reccommend this pistol. Nothing but problems from day one lol P938 9mm

6WmokX7l.jpg

What did you have issues with? Like mine so far, although I'll probably dissemble / Loctite the 2 pc guide rod this weekend even though it hasn't loosened. Held & racked the slide on a Shield & compact Springfield Mod 2 - the Sig was so much better feeling than either of those and a bit smaller footprint

I saw where there was some questions about my company Precision Delta the other day so let me give a little intro as too who we are.

Precision Delta has been a Mississippi ammunition manufacturing company since 1982. We manufacture most of all of our own components in house at our facility in Ruleville, MS. We specialize in jacketed pistol bullets and match ammunition. Our main industry is government contracts for ammunition but we do hold a large market share for competition bullets for handloaders. We are currently expanding our facility to move into the rifle ammunition segment with a full caliber lineup for modern sporting rifles. Someone mentioned are we trying to be a Black Hills of MS, well no, they buy components from us to load in their ammo. We manufacture components for a wide variety of ammunition companies in North America. For anybody looking for product info, you can checkout our Website at www.Precisiondelta.com.

Suspect @wngrog will be organizing a Saturday ride day trip to your place before ya know it. Will keep an eye out for when you have some new 9mm 124gr to try; wife's from the Delta - like to support a local business.

What did you have issues with? Like mine so far, although I'll probably dissemble / Loctite the 2 pc guide rod this weekend even though it hasn't loosened. Held & racked the slide on a Shield & compact Springfield Mod 2 - the Sig was so much better feeling than either of those and a bit smaller footprint

I had a lot of stovepipes, especially when my fiance shot it, and she hated the recoil so we let it go. When you shoot it suppressed, I got more gas to the face than any other pistol ive ever shot!

I know this is as open to personal preference as about anything, but I'm thinking about starting the process of acquiring a suppressor.

1st question: are there any good ones on the market that would serve both 5.56 and 22lr? Read that 22s are dirty and require a suppressor that can be dissassembled for cleaning and that the 5.56s are generally heavier due to the heavier lifting they are asked to do. So can a true dual caliber unit be had or should I settle on having one of each.

2nd/ follow-up: if I can only do one at a time, thinking I will start with a 5.56, so what would be a good one for a 5.56 platform? I'm straight green on this topic so along with recommendations, I'd appreciate some pointers on what to look for if anything particular.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Okay so you can shoot 22lr through any 223/556 can. You are right that 22lr is dirty as hell. So on your search, you should do a few things. 1. Look for a can that is able to be completely disassembled. And 2 look for one that's small. If you are going to shoot 22lr out of it, there's going to be a ton of carbon and lead in there. You'll need to take it apart and ultra sonic clean it. Second. A full size 556 suppressor will be clumsy on a 22lr pistol. I would say get the surefire socom mini, but it's sealed. Maybe look for a short 556 can that is easily taken apart. Honestly with how cheap 22lr cans are, id just get a stand alone one. Silencerco makes some good ones that go 22lr - 5.7. Then you could get the silencerco hybrid can and shoot just about every other caliber you can think of. 9, 45, 300blk, 556/223, 7.62, 458, 45-70. If I were to go back. That's the can I would get for sure

That's just my $0.02. I think you should get a cheaper 22lr can and a nice multi use rifle/pistol center fire can. Gemtec has the mystic x if you don't care for silencerco. I'm biased to them. I have an osprey.

I will say, it's only going to get harder to get em. I don't see the atf changing any rulings anytime soon

Last edited:
Do not shoot 22lr through a 5.56 can, that's the quickest way to "clog" a suppressor. 22lr cans are designed to be taken apart and cleaned as 22lr is dirty and deposits a lot of lead of sulfur inside the baffle stacks. A 22lr HAS to be cleaned on a regular basis or else it will fill up. 22lr and 556 are the same diameter technically but a 556 can is a fully welded can that is not user end serviceable as the baffles are usually welded into the outer tube.

I spent a good part of this weekend with my buddy who is the National Sales Manager of Silencero and literally shot every suppressor Silencerco makes(and some that will soon be released).

If you want the absolute quietest 22lr can on the market get the Silencerco Osprey Micro, I have one on order now but I have two of the Spectre 22lr cans currently and really have been impressed by them.

As to your second question. Unless you are planning on running short barrel ARs shorter than 10"s you do not really need a dedicated 5.56 can. On a 16" barrel you will not notice the difference between a 5.56 can and a .30 cal can. That being said, I did a LOT of shooting this weekend with a 30 cal Silencerco Omega and a Silencerco Specwar 5.56. The ONLY difference I could tell between the two cans from their shooter perspective was how much lighter the Omega 30 cal can was over the Specwar 5.56 can. Your dedicated 5.56 cans are overbuilt to be able to handle high rated of fire (full auto) on very short barrels ( 10" or shorter) but that construction quality takes heavy metals like stellite and stainless.

I say all of that to say, get a really good 22lr can and a really good 30 cal can.

I know this is as open to personal preference as about anything, but I'm thinking about starting the process of acquiring a suppressor.

1st question: are there any good ones on the market that would serve both 5.56 and 22lr? Read that 22s are dirty and require a suppressor that can be dissassembled for cleaning and that the 5.56s are generally heavier due to the heavier lifting they are asked to do. So can a true dual caliber unit be had or should I settle on having one of each.

2nd/ follow-up: if I can only do one at a time, thinking I will start with a 5.56, so what would be a good one for a 5.56 platform? I'm straight green on this topic so along with recommendations, I'd appreciate some pointers on what to look for if anything particular.

Thanks guys

IMG_0943.JPG

@wngrog

8yrs ago, user serviceable wasn't the norm. You might not be able to clean yours. I.e. It might have to go back to he factory to clean. Some companies can retro fit to be user serviceable. You'll know when it needs it because it won't be as quiet and will weigh twice as much. My Spectre II fills up pretty quick. It is a pain in the ass to clean one regardless unless you're into making toxic waste. X10 if it has aluminum baffles.

To second what was said earlier, I'd buy a dedicated 22lr can and a 30 cal can. 556 can is a waste.

Had a chance to get to the range today to try the Precision Delta reman. 124 9mm that arrived last week. Cycled well, performed well including in the little 938. Will be ordering more when it's back in stock on the site - hopefully some new brass 124gr FMJs might appear there one day also. Glad to learn about another fine MS company. Well done @Jtranum

So I have confirmation from a couple of neighbors that there are at least 3 coyotes roaming the area. My back neighbor actually walked up on one this morning behind her barn. So now I am going to be paying special attention and plan to make a lap each evening when we let the pup out to try to keep an eye on him, but sun goes down at 4:30 so it be dark and I am looking for a good light to mount for the walkabout. Been seeing that green and red tend to be less noticed by them and I found some by the name of "Wicked lights" that seem interesting, anyone got any experience with them, or have any suggestions for a good predator hunting light? Going on an AR platform.

Thanks,

Matthew

Rode for 2 hours this am and did not see a single deer. Crazy.

IMG_1559.JPG

Remember the helicopter that came to clean the buzzard poop off the insulators? They put up poop shields.

IMG_1560.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom