1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Costa Fabrications intro and offerings.

Discussion in 'Exterior - Armor' started by RDC76, Jan 29, 2016.

1. RDC76

RDC76 Fabricator. Supporting Vendor

Hi guys and gals. Ive been on here for a few years now and have recently become a vendor. I 've always been a Toyota guy and own a couple cruisers and a 4 runner. My 60 aka Ingrid was trapper50cals old rig. And nuclear lemons before.
    I'm a full time fabricator and also have a small shop at home. Currently I offer an 80 series expedition based front bumper that started as a personal bumper for my 80 and due to all the response has turned into my first mail order available product. There is a full build thread and a couple great reviews on here currently. I'll add links later. There is a standard version and heavy duty. I'm currently in the middle of developing a modular rear bumper to compliment my front bumper. It will have some really nice features some of which I have gotten numerous requests for and some not currently offered on a rear for 80.
    I will also be making steel rear corners to replace the useless plastic stock corners. These are a great option for those that do not want a full on bumper or want a cost effective solution.
    I am also developing a rear cargo divider with some nice features as well. I'm up for any custom requests from simple brackets aluminum or steel to full vehicle kit outs if your local.
    I also build artsy stuff as well. From reclaimed wood/steel tables and lighting to the 50cal twin gatling guns that can be seen in another thread on here.
    You can follow me on Facebook to see what I'm up to when not posting on here as my website is still being developed. Here are some pics of the 80 series bumper I currently offer IMG_8828.JPG IMG_8788.JPG

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Bluekudzu, Trapper50cal, DR71 and 9 others like this.
  2. RDC76

Here are some before and afters IMG_0376.PNG IMG_0375.PNG IMG_9890.JPG IMG_9894.JPG

Lumpskie, RFB and Hoots Magoon like this.
  3. RDC76

And here's the heavy duty version with additional tube work. At the outer tube corners those are attachment points for stainless steel limb riser extension mounts. They also make the hoops look a little nicer too I think. As their not so rounded. The wings are made from 3/16'' material instead of 10 guage found on the standard bumper. there are stainless steel tie down loops tig welded to the back of the main hoop to tie down canoes/kayaks that are up on the roof. And I relocated my machined stainless bottle opener to just under the driver side wing as it functions much better here. you can see in one of the pics.

IMG_0508.JPG IMG_0506.JPG IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0509.JPG

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    DR71, Lumpskie, RFB and 2 others like this.
  4. RDC76

Here are my recovery points found on both bumpers IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0080.JPG IMG_0081.JPG

gilamonster, stock, NLXTACY and 4 others like this.
  5. RDC76

This is the bag that comes with my front bumper. It is 100% hand made in America. It's a heavy waxed canvas and used to store the shackles when not in use under your seat. The cleavis pins stay in the bumper. IMG_9926.JPG IMG_9928.JPG

6. DOCBG

DOCBG

Looks great! Price? And do you cover the AC dryer?

7. RDC76

Pm for pricing and option requests. And the a/c dryer gets tucked up or you can relocate to the 91-92 model years which is recommended.
    Thank you!

fjc-man likes this.
  8. RDC76

Here is another bag I offer. It's for straps. The same heavy waxed canvas and its tubular in shape. With brass grommet vents on both sides to let the bag breath. A great way to store dirty straps in your clean interior IMG_0495.JPG IMG_0501.JPG IMG_0504.JPG

DR71, Hornd, RFB and 6 others like this.
  9. g-man

g-man SILVER Star

Nice. I like that the recovery points are flush with the bumper and not sticking out to hang your shin on. Can't wait to see a 60 series.

Patineto likes this.
  10. slopoke

slopoke

Media:
    Wow, that is some seriously nice quality welds you have going on there. I cant wait to see what you have in store for the rear bumper....

11. RDC76

Thanks. The recovery pockets are proving to be really useful and adaptable. And they also are an accessory mounting point as well for future accessories. One being a hammock pole mount. The 60 stuff will probably happen around summer. I have to finish the 80 series goods and then I have a third gen 4 runner to build out ( lift,tires,full armor, and possibly sas).

stevezero and TLC Norway like this.
  12. RDC76

Thank you. Just about ready to start the rear. I'm almost done installing and setting up the cnc plasma table in my garage. Can't wait to get it fired up. Right now I hand cut everything by hand.

stevezero likes this.
  13. RDC76

Here are a couple pics to show tube work fitment. IMG_0366.JPG IMG_0365.JPG IMG_0434.JPG

OneFourBravo, Hornd, RFB and 2 others like this.
  14. RDC76

And the bottle opener mounted under the drivers wing IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0481.JPG

hamishpotter, stevezero and co4wheel like this.
  15. RDC76

The mounts I make for the light bars. The security screw heads are protected so you can't get vice grips on them. The tube pieces are stainless. This will hopefully slow them down or make them think twice about stealing your expensive light bar. IMG_0200.JPG IMG_0199.JPG

16. RDC76

And this is how I ship these to you. This is the very first one that shipped out to Texas. He opted for a nice paint job. The bumpers all go out in crates with rope handles so you can drag them into your garage or easily move and handle them until your ready to open and install. The bumper itself is bolted through the mounting holes to the pallet. So nothing is rubbing on the finish should you choose paint. IMG_0135.JPG IMG_0129.JPG IMG_0144.JPG IMG_0148.JPG

hamishpotter, DR71, jmcclusk and 14 others like this.
  17. RDC76

Thank you all again that have supported my work and encouraged me to become a vendor. Hopefully soon this can be a full time venture as fabricating and creating is my passion and I'm tired of hearing at work that things don't need to be "that" nice...

Anything worth doing is worth doing the best you can...Yes I build for the customer but I also build for the next fabricator that may see it....I get inspired by great works and I hope my craft inspires others
    I read this saying today and I liked it. Its so true and well put..

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Rich

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  18. lcwizard

lcwizard Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    really awesome work....and carpentry skills to boot..:)

Orangeanger and RDC76 like this.
  19. lcwizard

lcwizard Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    The bumper is first rate and the bag is reminiscent of Duluth Pack items which are awesome. So awesome I have a link on my website to them.
    That said, I've been building commercial Cruiser parts for 25 years, and even perhaps have built more Cruiser bolt on product than anyone in the western hemisphere. Frankly this is underpriced, so anyone reading this should jump on it before he sobers up.....

20. lead62

lead62

Media:
    I would love to see something like that for the 100 series! Like the waxed canvas bags too!

dingoboyexplore likes this.