Correct front jacking point (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The factory jack has 2 jacking point for the front wheels change.

I understand the second one, the diagram is clear, however the first one is not so clear. There is a spring on the picture on the diagram close to the jacking point, but I have the hydraulic suspension, so no sire if there are springs on front suspension.

The reason I want to clarify the first location for front jacking point (apart for general education) is the second point, on the frame, is very high and the jack becomes too extended to my liking, potentially more unsafe vs if it would be less extended.

Is this the correct jacking point in photo?

IMG_0952.JPG

On the frame rail or on the bottom of the differential drop is how I've always understood it.

Last edited:
On the frame rail or on the bottom of the metal skidplate (round ring) is how I've always understood it.
the frame rail, if I understand correctly is the second jacking point shown on the Toyota factory jack...not sure I understand "the bottom of the metal skidplate (round ring) " - do you have a picture please? Is the location in my picture not the one recommended by Toyota then?

Here is a picture found on internet with our jack and both front locations on it
DSC00535cropped.jpg

the frame rail, if I understand correctly is the second jacking point shown on the Toyota factory jack...not sure I understand "the bottom of the metal skidplate (round ring) " - do you have a picture please? Is the location in my picture not the one recommended by Toyota then?

Meant to say bottom of diff drop...

1584728411268.png

The factory jack has 2 jacking point for the front wheels change.

I understand the second one, the diagram is clear, however the first one is not so clear. There is a spring on the picture on the diagram close to the jacking point, but I have the hydraulic suspension, so no sire if there are springs on front suspension.

The reason I want to clarify the first location for front jacking point (apart for general education) is the second point, on the frame, is very high and the jack becomes too extended to my liking, potentially more unsafe vs if it would be less extended.

Is this the correct jacking point in photo?

View attachment 2244063

I do not believe that you are supposed to jack off of that point. The 2 points are the diff support or on the frame. I cannot say for sure that you would damage something, but it is my understanding that you should not use the lower A arm as a jacking point. As it shows on your jack, that point that looks like the wheel is the diff support.

I think I got the rear one, it was the front I was not sure about. What is engine under cover? Doesn't sound like something strong enough to support the weight of the car...

Skid plate. You can see that in post #6, there is a round spot for jack. I use that to jack my vehicle all the time.
Thank you, will have a look today again.

Just to clarify, I used floor jack on that spot. I have tried it with bottle jack yet.
I have a 2 tons floor jack, but it cannot go as high as needed when under frame - this is another reason i wanted to find a "lower" jacking point so I leave the OEM bottle jack for emergencies on the road only

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom