Corona Virass Refuge Run Pt.1... tomorrow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Yeah, everything is cancelled and being stuck at home with kids going crazy is driving me crazy. Thus, I deem it necessary for some out of house entertainment away from crowds. Fortunately, we all specialize in that.

Planned is a run tomorrow to Alder Canyon which is south of Bailey's Cabin. For those who remember, we had an awesome camping trip there last year around this time where we got completely hammered via day drinking in camping chairs in the middle of a stream getting a tan while our kids built dams and caught frogs. Bad us. I look at this run as a chance to get out of the house and also scout the area for a near future camping trip. Our Moab trip got cancelled so we are definitely looking to do something in the next few weekends.

The details:

- Meet at the I15/76 park and ride at 9AM tomorrow and depart to Anza for Alder Canyon. We might very well explore the area, check out Baileys, etc... it will depend on how fast we move, how muddy, how rainy, etc... but at least NO DUST!
- Have lunch around, well, lunch time which could be in Alder Canyon.
- Depart the Upper Coyote area and have dinner and beverages at Mike's BBQ because we like to live dangerously and eat food. And, it will likely be nearly deserted anyway.

Comms will be the usual, FRS1, CB22, HAM 146.490.

Here is Alder in context of Bailey's

1584152020821.png

Here is an overview of how to get there. If you are leaving from the south and don't wish to meet at i15/76 you can take an alternate route and raise us over radio.

1584152284907.png

Hope to see you there you Corona free Cruiser Heads!

Frank

Have to work tomorrow so will not be joining unfortunately....😭😭😭😭😭

Thinking about it here. Lemme check with the control tower .

Ok I'll be at the park n ride at 9. Been texting here with Ted and he's up for it as well. Depending on return time, I may bail on dinner at Mike's.

Yeah, everything is cancelled and being stuck at home with kids going crazy is driving me crazy. Thus, I deem it necessary for some out of house entertainment away from crowds. Fortunately, we all specialize in that.

Planned is a run tomorrow to Alder Canyon which is south of Bailey's Cabin. For those who remember, we had an awesome camping trip there last year around this time where we got completely hammered via day drinking in camping chairs in the middle of a stream getting a tan while our kids built dams and caught frogs. Bad us. I look at this run as a chance to get out of the house and also scout the area for a near future camping trip. Our Moab trip got cancelled so we are definitely looking to do something in the next few weekends.

The details:

- Meet at the I15/76 park and ride at 9AM tomorrow and depart to Anza for Alder Canyon. We might very well explore the area, check out Baileys, etc... it will depend on how fast we move, how muddy, how rainy, etc... but at least NO DUST!
- Have lunch around, well, lunch time which could be in Alder Canyon.
- Depart the Upper Coyote area and have dinner and beverages at Mike's BBQ because we like to live dangerously and eat food. And, it will likely be nearly deserted anyway.

Comms will be the usual, FRS1, CB22, HAM 146.490.

Here is Alder in context of Bailey's

View attachment 2238056

Here is an overview of how to get there. If you are leaving from the south and don't wish to meet at i15/76 you can take an alternate route and raise us over radio.

View attachment 2238063

Hope to see you there you Corona free Cruiser Heads!

Frank
Track & field season is on hold for awhile.... I'll be there at 9:00a

No worries, next time! Rolling out....

Great day today. I really needed a change of scenery and to get out of the house and onto the trail. Some highlights...

Alder Canyon beckons another trip. I long to sit in that creek and crack a cold one. It is amazing what a difference a year makes. Here is Brennen in March of 2019...

1584240479253.png

Here was today...

1584240689427.png

Anyway the trail leading there is not that bad. It's rough enough to keep the Subarus out and even offer a little fun here and there but not hard for a cruiser. We went up Alder Canyon to creekside camp ground and Tim and I went farther up to the turn around. That cost me a large chunk out of the passenger front fender flare. That part of the trail is very tight. One can get to the next major camp area but beyond that it's paint and scratches galor.

We also swung by Bailey's Cabin which is in good condition. That's also nice place to camp but gets really bad wind at night so unless you are in the cabin, tenting right in front of it, or in a trailer, high tent flattening winds are common.

All and all with my schedule opening up due to the Corona Virass cancelling life in general I am going to pitch a camping trip to the wife. Maybe we can get out there in the next few weeks.

Here are a few pictures...

1584241097124.png

1584241145200.png

1584241360475.png

More pictures

So nice. Maybe since the vet run is cancelled we still get out and off road that day?

Great trip on Saturday. Here are a few pics of Bailey's cabin and Frank's fender flare damage.
IMG_5371.jpeg

IMG_5360.jpeg
IMG_5364.jpeg
IMG_5372.jpeg

While Russ and Bud work on Russ's ignition system fixing opportunity Frank admires the modification to his passenger side fender flare.

IMG_5373.jpeg

This is the upgrade(?) mode Frank made to his fender flare - I think he was trying to reduce weight.

Lots of fun on Saturday. Definitely a place to return to for an overnight!

80's and their fender flares.... There up past where we camp at Alder is a section of trail that gets very tight. I rubbed a bush not realizing there was a thick cut off branch obscured by the leaves. That branch took the flare.

Frank

Looks like a great place and not too far from home, def be up for an overnighter, lets plan something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom