Builds CorkyBuchek's Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, starting a build thread for my 2006 GX470 (currently at 121K).

A little backstory: my parents bought this car when i was in elementary school and I thought it was the coolest thing. You could raise the height with the touch of a button and it had a touch screen (navigation) in the front. Fast forward some years and I graduate college and buy myself a 100 series with 235k miles while also having an accord to daily drive. Having two cars wasn't for me so I offed the LC and drove the accord waiting for my dad to buy a new 460. I waited about a year and he finally did it, I sold the accord, and grabbed the 470.

I pulled the service history from the Lexus owners website and found that anything and everything the dealership could convince my parents was wrong with the truck, was replaced. This meant new coilovers, rear airbags, somehow he got them to fix the dash, and a myriad of other things. They babied this car for 12 years and it not once touched any dirt... perfect candidate for a mild but fun build.

Metal Tech's black friday sale got me a 2in Ironman performance nitro gas kit with SPC UCA's. I went back and forth between FN Fx's and SCS F5's, ultimately going for the FN Countersteer Type X in matte black (17x8 -10 offset) for there light weight and how simple they look. For tires I went with C rated 285/70/17 BFG KO2's.

First thing I noticed was the stance, this thing looks MEAN. The ash blue mica looks really good with matte black wheels in my opinion. KO2's have always been the tire for me, and they did not let me down.

I have to address the rubbing... there was lots, like almost ripped my running board to pieces lots. Got it taken care of for the most part with a box cutter, also trimmed the front fender liner some. Will need to play with the control arms some more to get a perfect fit, but fine for now.

Adding a 1in diff drop next week just to spare my CV's a little bit. After that new OEM head and tail lights (clear blinkers). Maybe reupholster the front seats.

Eric's 08 GX build and HomersCanyonero were the two builds I watched the most and used as inspiration for my own build. Thanks guys!

I've added two not great pictures (iphone 6 camera) will get some better ones up later. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.41.48 PM.png

IMG_0793.JPG

I died a little inside when I read you were in elementary school in 2006.

Great looking GX though! Can’t beat knowing the precious owner. Welcome!

Looking good. If you haven't' done so, it's super important that you get an alignment to make your tires last long and wear evenly. Did you replace your rear airbags, or was the ironman only for the front?

Looking good. If you haven't' done so, it's super important that you get an alignment to make your tires last long and wear evenly. Did you replace your rear airbags, or was the ironman only for the front?
Got the alignment done, definetly felt the difference. Deleted rear airbags and replaced with Ironman Coils and Foam cell Shock abosorbers. Thanks for the pointers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom