Copenhagen1 Intro/build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking 40 and 100. What's next on the list? Keep the updates coming.

Thanks Jhorn. Welcome to the forum.

The next maintenance I did was to replace my little plastic T's that are in the heater hoses between the engine and firewall and close to brake master cylinder. I read here on the forum that it is good insurance to replace them every timing belt exchange (90k).

I meant to take pics but got in a hurry and didn't. I would venture to say that mine were original parts and had close to 200k on them. They definitely needed to be changed. One of them was still solid but one of them had quite a bit of deterioration.

I did the work early one morning then left on a 5 hour trip to the ranch in central Texas (300 miles). Stayed there a couple days, then went 125 more miles south to San Antonio for a 4 day trade show/trade association meeting. Then drove the 300 miles back home. It really gives you a confidence in these trucks when you feel like you are on top of the maintenance. I really appreciate the forum for keeping us updated on important items.

Next up is new tires. I bought a set of Nitto's brand new off of Craigslist about 6 months or so ago. They are load range E's. I haven't mounted them yet because I am still trying to get all of the "goody" out of the BFG's. The BFG's have close to 60k on them and would still pass inspection. I have been very pleased.

image-1269230057.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-1269230057.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom