coolant mixture (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 0 degree freeze point doesn't really concern me. Never once been even close to that here. Not even within 15 degrees. But, since the consensus is that the difference between 50-50 and any other mixture is probably negligable, I'll drain the rad and fill it with 50-50 for funskees

Maybe 0 isn't enough for some, I think the amount of "anti" freezing capabilities you need depends on your climate. Of course 50-50 is the standard but, I think I'd be good in my climate with my current mixture, if I were to keep it like this.

its not just the temps you are dealing with....remember the magic word corrosion. The 50/50 solution thing has been going on for about 60+ years, that's the baseline...not the mid point.

My experience with water wetter was with my 40. The temp gauge was running towards the top, but not all the way there. Being young and totally broke, I figured I'd give water wetter a try. Temp gauge dropped down to where it should be. Ran like that all summer long. All I can say is that for me, it seemed to work.

You will be fine in Tucson. Cover the outdoor plants though!

I ran a bit of Jet Dry in my coolant for a time. I recall that the coolant temp seemed to rise from ambient faster when really working the engine, and return faster after the crest of a hill. Which would seem consistent with the claims of a water wetter, increasing heat transfer into and out of the coolant. Haven't bothered running it for years though.

Good enough for Tucson AZ . Up here in the White Mountains (AZ) you would be freezing the radiator nightly. 50/50 is what you really want for obtaining all the benefits of modern coolant mixtures . freeze protection, anti corrosion, heat transfer , .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom