Coolant hoses - the complete list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.vabeach-volvos.com
My 01 is still pretty much all original aside from routine maintenance parts. The upper radiator hoses are nearing the end of their life and after spending a couple hours looking for all the required hoses in one list I gave up. I want to replace them all at once along with the thermostat because if I miss one, that is going to be the one to leave me stranded.
Stopped by the parts counter at the dealer and got some assistance piecing together a complete list to include some hoses I wasn't even aware of (rear heater hoses for the HVAC)

Here you go:

Prices are from my local dealer's parts counter, YMMV

16282-50040 Water bypass hose $9.19
15777-50030 hose oil cooler $26.42
87245-20200 hose rear water outlet (from heater unit) x 3 $9.34 ea
87245-6a090 rear heater water inlet hose (from heater unit) x 2 $29.53 ea
87248-60460 heater hose T connector x 2 $13.49
87245-6a201 HVAC heater hose rear water inlet $30.97
87245-6a180 hose heater water outlet $23.29
87245-6a060 hose heater water outlet a $44.64
87245-6a210 hose heater water inlet b $15.89
TOTAL = $286.29 (including $21.83 tax)

Radiator hose part numbers are easy enough to find online
16571-50150 - radiator hose - $19.86
16572-50150 - radiator hose - $28.29

-Todd

do you happen to know what hoses are the ones that go to the T connectors ?

Prev owner swapped in a non factory T that failed and has stretchered out the hose that goes from the T closest to the drivers side and down the 1/2" one . The other 2 hoses will very fit the T very loose. It must have been a 3/4" T :(

The two hoses 87245 6a210 and 87245 6a180 are for T joint to front heater core.
Check these with Amayama.com. you can find the two I mentioned for $12.65 Ships out from Japan and will take about 3 weeks to arrive. Rubber hoses are light so shipping is much cheaper.
The hoses that flex with engine vibration are the ones that are most prone to burst under pressure. Any hose that is old and has been removed several times got to be replaced.

Last edited:
I combined a few parts list when I did my 90k. The only hose my friend said I missed was a throttle body hose. Later, I saw on another thread that there are 2 more hoses underneath the car, I'll do those the next I have the coolant flushed.

thanks

The two hoses 87245 6a210 and 87245 6a180 are for T joint to front heater core.
Check these with Amayama.com. you can find the two I mentioned for $12.65 Ships out from Japan and will take about 3 weeks to arrive. Rubber hoses are light so shipping is much cheaper.
The hoses that flex with engine vibration are the ones that are most prone to burst under pressure. Any hose that is old and has been removed several times got to be replaced.

It’s a few days before our Christmas drive to Oklahoma from Austin and I discovered breaking heater core T-s and splitting hose. The stealership is back ordered on everything but the t-s. Working with NAPA, we searched their inventory to no avail. I was about to buy pure bulk hose when I found a single hose that contained almost every bend I needed. I was able to cut the sections I needed and completed the repair using some constant pressure clips and worm clamps.

I refilled and checked only to find dripping from the left cat converter. I did not see that there were more rear hvac hoses down by the frame. That said I went to the car wash and cleaned the engine and drove around for 15 minutes on the highway. I got home and the drip had tapered way down. I let the engine cool a bit then stretched a board across the engine, climbed up and reached over and felt my repairs connections and it was all dry! I can only see wetness remaining on the lowest connections for the rear heat which I assume remains from the repair. My hunch is to make the trip with additional coolant and check the overflow reservoir for dropping levels. My worst fear is the lower connections failing but being cooler, that risk seems low. In a pinch, I may have to cut the lower hoses plugging them with bolts and clamping.

It boggles my mind that the dealerships don’t carry at least one on-hand supply of hose and that they’re backordered. I also checked Lexus—nada.

In most cases, the parts counter conversation begins with I want to replace all my heater hoses. Their reply at Toyota and Lexus was: Do you have the part numbers?? To which I said, all six hoses. When they continued to resist the need to work, I asked if they weren’t looking at their computers?

To this I say, CruiserDans expertise was sorely missed. It’s become clear by the shiny 4Runner parked behind me at the parts counter that old Land Cruisers are not a priority for Toyota—at least in Austin,TX.

I would like to thank the great counter man and woman of NAPA for letting me riffle through their warehouse to inspire my inner engineer to just cut sections from two preformed hoses. I didn’t even need a part number. I was able to reuse the large clips but purchased some hose clamps to make up slight differences in the rear heater runs. If I discover they failed I’ll look for 1/2” hose to use with the small factory clips ($8 ea).

It’s a few days before our Christmas drive to Oklahoma from Austin and I discovered breaking heater core T-s and splitting hose. The stealership is back ordered on everything but the t-s. Working with NAPA, we searched their inventory to no avail. I was about to buy pure bulk hose when I found a single hose that contained almost every bend I needed. I was able to cut the sections I needed and completed the repair using some constant pressure clips and worm clamps.

I refilled and checked only to find dripping from the left cat converter. I did not see that there were more rear hvac hoses down by the frame. That said I went to the car wash and cleaned the engine and drove around for 15 minutes on the highway. I got home and the drip had tapered way down. I let the engine cool a bit then stretched a board across the engine, climbed up and reached over and felt my repairs connections and it was all dry! I can only see wetness remaining on the lowest connections for the rear heat which I assume remains from the repair. My hunch is to make the trip with additional coolant and check the overflow reservoir for dropping levels. My worst fear is the lower connections failing but being cooler, that risk seems low. In a pinch, I may have to cut the lower hoses plugging them with bolts and clamping.

It boggles my mind that the dealerships don’t carry at least one on-hand supply of hose and that they’re backordered. I also checked Lexus—nada.

In most cases, the parts counter conversation begins with I want to replace all my heater hoses. Their reply at Toyota and Lexus was: Do you have the part numbers?? To which I said, all six hoses. When they continued to resist the need to work, I asked if they weren’t looking at their computers?

To this I say, CruiserDans expertise was sorely missed. It’s become clear by the shiny 4Runner parked behind me at the parts counter that old Land Cruisers are not a priority for Toyota—at least in Austin,TX.

I would like to thank the great counter man and woman of NAPA for letting me riffle through their warehouse to inspire my inner engineer to just cut sections from two preformed hoses. I didn’t even need a part number. I was able to reuse the large clips but purchased some hose clamps to make up slight differences in the rear heater runs. If I discover they failed I’ll look for 1/2” hose to use with the small factory clips ($8 ea).
My 01 is still pretty much all original aside from routine maintenance parts. The upper radiator hoses are nearing the end of their life and after spending a couple hours looking for all the required hoses in one list I gave up. I want to replace them all at once along with the thermostat because if I miss one, that is going to be the one to leave me stranded.
Stopped by the parts counter at the dealer and got some assistance piecing together a complete list to include some hoses I wasn't even aware of (rear heater hoses for the HVAC)

Here you go:

-Todd
Does anyone know if these are the same for a 2005?

I literally sat down to search for this. Thanks for putting it together. It would be nice to confirm the years

Did the part numbers change for 87245-20200 hose rear water outlet (from heater unit) x 3 $9.34 ea ?

I'm not getting a hit on my Toyota parts site. for that part.

Does anyone have tips for changing the rear hoses that are the driver side cab, in route to the rear core? There are a couple of clamps above the heat shield that particularly hard to get to. Anyone replaced these yet, that can chime in?

Here you go:

-Todd
Hey guys can you confirm the following hose that connects to the engine is 15777-50030 (outlined in red)? It is leaking a bit of coolant but I wanted to make sure.
InkedFile_000_LI.jpg

Hey guys can you confirm the following hose that connects to the engine is 15777-50030 (outlined in red)? It is leaking a bit of coolant but I wanted to make sure. View attachment 2614157
That's what my part searches came up with, but it wasn't right once I received it from Toyota. Perhaps there was a design change at some point? Mine's a 99 LX470.

15777-50030 is about 2 or 3 inches short, and missing the bend at the bottom where it connects to the metal line. It's part of the oil cooler lines. I replaced all the rest of the rubber, but had to keep that one piece to reuse since the new one wasn't right. Worst part is, of all the lines I took off, it was the only one to get damaged when I pulled it for a timing belt job, so I had to trim a little off the end to reuse it.

If you find a better part number that works I would like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom