Control arm eccentrics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are these? Mechanic saying mine are bad and it’s $1700 to fix.....the fix is new lower control arms
Dan are these the GXOR alignment parts you prototyped? Are they in production?

Last edited:
The eccentric bolts are what adjust your front lower control arm for camber/caster. If they're seized in the control arm bushing, most people will cut out the control arm and replace the whole thing. Replacing the bushings is also an option, but most people elect to just get new control arms.

Got pics?

If the tabs that the cams align to are bent, then it may be a bit more work. The aftermarket gusset tabs are meant to help prevent that.

If the bolts are just seized like Nomz said then it shouldn't be as bad. A pair of OEM LCAs will run you $500-600 and new cam bolts should be ~$50ish. Get OEM cam bolts cause the SPC ones are wimpy. Lather the eccentric bolts with antiseize when you reinstall so they don't freeze up again.

All of this. If they are seized there isn't much you can do aside from replacing the LCA. I was in this boat and went to TC LCAs ($1700) and installed them myself vs going to OEM again.

$1700 to have someone install OEM (hopefully) LCA+ Hardware

or

$1700 for TC LCA but you install like Dan said..

Its a easy pick for me if i were in that position :)

Without getting into embarrassing details, there is an aftermarket warranty on the vehicle that is going to cover it. Thankfully.

If you end up putting them in yourself, don't forget to loctite the two spindle bolts! They can work loose and fall out even if properly torqued... speaking of embarrassing stories :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom