CONTEST: First photo of production FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jman said:
Is it a 40? A 45? A troopy? A 60? An 80?
Dude, it's none of those. It's a FJ Cruiser...enough with comparing it to some old vehicles.

Without a doubt this vehicle will be safer, handle better, have more power, and probably have more mass appeal when it's introduced than any other Cruiser. Mass appeal is very good, it's what means we get a good vehicle and they will keep making it. Perfect example is the Tacoma TRD package, most people have no idea what a rear locker is, or how it's used, don't care, they will never use it. But since the TRD package looks good, has the cool offroad-ish styling and such, they sell alot of the TRD packaged trucks, which means there are MANY Tacomas out there with the rear locker. Most would have been just as happy to not have the locker, but Toyota put it in the TRD package, and they wanted the TRD package. So having mass appeal is good for keeping a good thing going.

If this FJ Cruiser has even half of the appeal I think it will, they will sell a ton of them, which is great, the more they sell, the more offroad stuff will be developed for them, the cheaper used ones will be, enough people will drive them to know any weak problems fairly quickly, and undoubtedly several magazines will give it the 4x4 of the year award, which means nothing, but for the general public that's kind of a certification of worthiness or something like that.

I hope Toyota sells tons of these babies, so every high school and college student has one, lifts it, goes wheeling, etc. I'd rather have all these kids have this to play with than a lame ass jxxp.

resized....
tronav.jpg

six lugs (not five)
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom