1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering Durabak for M416

Discussion in 'Paint and Body' started by Geneyus, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Geneyus

Geneyus

I just requested smooth and textured samples of Durabak in olive green and sand. I'd like your opinions on how you like the smooth or the textured. How durable are they?

I'm planning on applying it to my M416 trailer and abusing it like a regular trailer. I plan on shoveling mulch out of it a handful of times each year, and I don't want a coating that will scrape off after a few years. If Durabak looks good and will prevent rust, without ever chipping off, I'd like to apply it to the frame also.

Any pictures or comments about the longevity/toughness of Durabak are appreciated!

(I conducted a search, but many of the old threads no longer have working pictures.)

2. Fogblue13

Fogblue13

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey not sure if you have already painted it or not but I did my fender lasted and lower portion of quarter panels about a month ago. You can see the pics in the "what'd you do to you 80 this weekend" page. The rough is super durable. I did 3 costs and the stuff will take skin off if you rubbed it the wrong way. No experience with the smooth. I will say the stuff is kinda hard to clean and traps dirt pretty badly. You have to hit it with a brush and a pressure washer.

If you ended up going with the smooth then put up some close ups because I am thinking about doing the rest of my truck in that.

3. Fogblue13

Fogblue13

Media:
    Albums:

4. duke01

duke01