Confirmation on dashboard for stereo install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, one more tip: don't wire the power antenna lead into the antenna. You have a little button on the dash for that.

Ok, two more tips:
I already measured the truck for the time correction on the head unit. You can download the measurements into the head unit from a CD if you can burn one. Email /PM me if you want the file you need to burn onto the CD. No charge, but you gotta promise me you'll email me tips as you figure out how the hell to operate all the audiophile geek features on these decks. :mad: What the hell happened to old fashioned bass and treble controls. I've still gotta figure out the EQ settings that work for my set-up and download those into the deck. PITA.

taccruiser97 said:
I keep looking in Crutchfield for an adapter harness that would allow me to replace the stock stereo with an aftermarket stereo without cutting and splicing, but according to what I can find, Crutchifeld doesnt have such a thing. Am I missing something? How did you come up with yours? My cruiser is a 97.

I got mine from circuit city. Its actually two piece that you by seperate. One is TOYOTA to UNIVERSAL and the other is UNIVERSAL to CD PLAYER BRAND(ALPINE, SONY, ETC.)

I finally pulled the front face plate. Lots of connectors to unplug! Though I have not installed the deck yet.

Steve, thanks for the tips. The delay time correction on for the speakers and the mounting tips for the Ipod will help out. With the long weekend coming up I should be able to finish. Was it easy enough to pull up/out the center console?
Any pics handy would be cool.

I'll try to get out and get some pics for you this week. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you the time correction file.

The center console came out pretty easily. One or two screws hold it to the floor and then you just wiggle it loose from under the front section of the console. Pretty easy, and you should be able to just run the wires for the iPod adapter up under the edge of the front section. I removed mine to clean it a bit, but you probably wouldn't have to.

If you need any pics let me know--I tore into mine tonight.... I pulled a new power wire for the stereo and I'm going to rewire the speakers. Also pulled out my gauge cluster to replace the drive lights......

Yeah, it should end up looking like this :D

alpineipod.jpg

SR. GRINGO, yeah, any pics would be helpful. Post'em when you can. Thanks.

After pulling the stock HU, I found a rats nest of wires. The PO installed a video system. I had to sort through and cut and remove all the wires I did not need. Its niceer in there now. The video system didn't work anyhow.

I have a 4 channel amp to run the fronts and rears and a subwoofer-only amp to run the sub-woofers. The 4 channel, I think will fit under the drivers seat.
I will stick the other amp back where the stock amp is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom