Compressor Mount, LX with AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased the ARB single compressor thinking it would be easy to mount. What I have found is that there are not a lot of options as far as mounting kits/plates for cruisers with AHC intact.

There is of course this one from slee but it requires AHC to be removed.

Has anyone come up with a mounting solution for the ARB compressor with AHC in place?

I used the mounting plate that came with the compressor. I picked up a bunch of spacers and some long bolts from the local hardware store to use as spacers. Power steering reservoir and AHC reservoir remain in stock position, compressor sits just behind air box. I had to drill a few holes through top of the wheel well. Standoffs sit the compressor up clear of the solenoid. I need a Witts End pacifier.

In case you’re interested, I have a front TJM locker, no rear yet. I used the 80 series locker switch but wired the compressor on to first position (RR). Second click (FR-RR) is front locker.

I can get better photos if you want them but this is what I have at night in my garage right now:

2AD2C28C-CA25-4246-B8B6-8601CC473721.jpeg
5D9A0942-40A7-4E0C-A8F6-4E3C33DECA56.jpeg
5ADC0D8D-DB6A-41C4-A04B-946396E61167.jpeg

I have an AHC compatable compressor mount in the works. Will hopefully be done soon fyi.

Will look a bit cleaner than this as it's just a prototype, but it will give you a location for mounting other things too like a a fuse panel, and/or a water pump in my case.

UeGBmXWlE3RAEWOWW_s89RLuAqc0ubbLpuRruIXZBGnbXq4YEuSPNKxjFx3TcfkUGE6kFg4xGWByhr_ySNV-tsYUr-9PXDVa9KBhs1BHUUIvxctQfj4Z22MMmsNBbPTrYJdS92Xbe7k=s0

Very cool. Any chance the ARB twin would fit?

I have an AHC compatable compressor mount in the works. Will hopefully be done soon fyi.

Will look a bit cleaner than this as it's just a prototype, but it will give you a location for mounting other things too like a a fuse panel, and/or a water pump in my case.

UeGBmXWlE3RAEWOWW_s89RLuAqc0ubbLpuRruIXZBGnbXq4YEuSPNKxjFx3TcfkUGE6kFg4xGWByhr_ySNV-tsYUr-9PXDVa9KBhs1BHUUIvxctQfj4Z22MMmsNBbPTrYJdS92Xbe7k=s0

I love it! If this incorporates the ps reservoir mount it can move it over and open up a ton of space. (Or at least a little). That thing was making my fit tight but I didn’t want to get into fabbing a new bracket for that.

Torfab makes an AHC compatible compressor mount. It’s designed for the ARB twin compressor, but you could probably modify the mounting hole locations to fit the single compressor.

Wish I would have known before I bought my Torfab mount!

My friend custom made one for me with this exact problem! There are pre drilled holes in the stock side wall already that I utilized. My friend made it of stainless steel. If you're interested PM me please! He would charge $60 + shipping.
IMG_1327.jpeg
IMG_1333.jpeg

It fits perfectly in there, leaving more than enough room for the wiring, power steering reservoir, and doesn't make it look crowded at all.

My friend custom made one for me with this exact problem! There are pre drilled holes in the stock side wall already that I utilized. My friend made it of stainless steel. If you're interested PM me please! He would charge $60 + shipping.View attachment 2271828View attachment 2271829

It fits perfectly in there, leaving more than enough room for the wiring, power steering reservoir, and doesn't make it look crowded at all.
This looks good. I like the “floater” look.

This looks good. I like the “floater” look.
On my 1999 there is a module underneath it that was a recall for the trailer wiring, so this sits above it without touching it.

I just installed a single with torfab mount a couple days ago (about $120). You have to relocate the horn, diagnostic port and heat sink. It's a bit of a pain to mount, either you mount the bracket and lose the ability to tighten down the bolts on the compressor easily, or mount it with the compressor in place, and have to fight a bit with the bolt shared with the power steering reservoir. Here are a couple of my pics. I stopped there and have not done any wiring or running of the air line, since I also am redoing the front diff (w/ air locker), and new CVs and ball joints. The Torfab will fit a single or double.

IMG_6846.JPG

IMG_6844.jpg

I fit the single ARB in the diesel a few months ago. All it took was a scrap piece of metal that I bent on the vice. Engine bay is somewhat different, but as seen in nvbeepat photo, the bracket is mega simple and requires no machining. Not really sure it's worth the markup from a vendor.

IMG_1078.jpeg

I highly recommend to connect the air intake to the filter housing.

IMG_1210.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom