Completed, thanks! OME springs higher in the back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
Previously I restored a HJ45 and used OME springs. Very happy with them but sat a lot higher in the back. I always thought about leveling it but never did. It sold and I am on to my next one 1965 FJ45. Bought OME again (not heavy duty). Would like to remove a leaf or two to have it sit level in the back. I have no idea how many leaves and which ones to remove. Anyone have experience with this. Picture is of previous restore show higher in the back. Not a big deal just seems the time to do it would be before I install. Thanks...

9B3D0CFF-F92D-4446-9AF0-1AD9FD356FA5-XL.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

Take out the third blade counting from the main top leaf. Check that you have enough threads on your centre pin. Now is also the time to lube the poly discs at the end of the leaves with a molybdenum sulfate spec grease. Lube the front blades too.

There is a long leaf that is 3 or 4 deep that does not have a U riveted to it.

Take it out and as many of the tiny ones at the bottom you want. Getting the main out is the key.

I took it and the bottom two off mine

0D0521D8-B078-4ACA-A4F2-F7FDA6DC15DC.jpeg

@wngrog Is there pictures on your "Goat" site of you removing the spring leaves? Also I no longer have my bottom leaf spring pedestals. I need front and rear, do you happen to have them?

Thank you..
Those are gone to some other project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom