Common bolts = common thread pitch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to throw a few spare bolts in my cruiser stash for emergencies or lost bolts. In looking through a couple of solo cups of bolts from cruisers I've had, it occurred to me to look here and see if the common sized bolts all had the same thread pitch or not. (various lengths)

The only thing I could really determine on searching was that most are 1.25 pitch:
(restated by head flat to flat)

10mm head - 6mm bolt x 1.0p
12mm head - 8mm bolt x 1.25p
14mm head - 10mm bolt x 1.25p

Any other info for my "misc bolt emergency stash?" I'll be glad to update the thread if people want to add different sizes and lengths if you want me to keep it all in one place.

EDIT: I'm not trying to list every single bolt like a M14 x 1.0 used on one item on the truck)

Last edited:
They use the 'fine pitch' version of whatever size you need, except for the high strength areas that use the ultra fine pitch(tow hooks, etc)

The 6mm size bolts would be a 1.00p.

Most replacement bolts you get locally will have a different size head on them, unless you specifically order JIS sized bolts.

Or buy a partstruck.

Great little tip is if you can find a truck in the salvage yard you can grab a lot of different size bolts for next to nothing.

Thanks for the confirmation. I have a few cups of bolts from three cruisers through the years and thought I would sort a small bag to put in the rear "just in case" but didn't want to run into that infamous "first time I've seen that sh!t" moment and not have THE right bolt or nut. I think I have it covered, but never hurts to search all the threads and ask a questions - and then spend $5 at the store next time I'm there :)

Thanks guys!

I've always referred to these Toyota guidelines for hardware....

witPmo%ITBq7d8NGGCX23Q.jpg
EIg5FIrFS76qu7brdMNlxw.jpg
2XddSSaORVio75UAsbyMqw.jpg
Ci7rCX2gSCOwKWz%k46P2w.jpg
K3KRFj2BQtCNI+SC%bZC7g.jpg

So, let me get this straight. . . In the metric system, everything is a nice round number? Bigger numbered bolts are always bigger than smaller numbered bolts? WTF? Where's the 11/16th?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom