Colorado 2017 trip blog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well the truck had cold AC when I left here but by the time i got to CO it had lost most of its' efficiency. The PO told me that he spent a bunch of money getting the AC operative and cold but there must be a leak somewhere. The only day i really missed it was on the trip from Idaho Springs to Des Moines Iowa. It was very hot that day and even with the driver window down I was sweating quite a bit. Was glad to hit the hotel and get a shower that evening after an eleven hour drive without AC!

Well the truck had cold AC when I left here but by the time i got to CO it had lost most of its' efficiency. The PO told me that he spent a bunch of money getting the AC operative and cold but there must be a leak somewhere. The only day i really missed it was on the trip from Idaho Springs to Des Moines Iowa. It was very hot that day and even with the driver window down I was sweating quite a bit. Was glad to hit the hotel and get a shower that evening after an eleven hour drive without AC!

If it's like the 1FZ the AC cuts out at 217f coolant temp. Might want to check that too.

Temp gauge stayed the same place the entire trip about 1/3 of the way from bottom to top. Never noticed any signs of running hot at all. I think it just has a small leak somewhere because it was cold for the first eight months I owned it.

I had the same issue with my old one. Get the fan blue clutch upgrade and that should solve the issue. It worked for me.

Yeah it just depends on if it blows cold just after starting it up. The 80 temp gauge is notorious for not moving out of normal range unless it's past time to pull over.

Mine never moved at all. Like you said, it was working fine until the engine got hot, then the AC shut down. The blue clutch seemed to have solved that.

Temp gauge stayed the same place the entire trip about 1/3 of the way from bottom to top. Never noticed any signs of running hot at all. I think it just has a small leak somewhere because it was cold for the first eight months I owned it.

If the 81 is like the 80, there is a dead spot in the temperature gauge so that nervous owners don't worry about normal temperature fluctuations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom