College town business ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What have you seen work or what do you think will work?

Also, what have you seen fail?

I am currently catering for tailgates during football season but want to find something else.

Thoughts?

And please keep the "hooker delivery service" ideas to yourself. Don't you think I've already thought of those?:grinpimp:

You need to open a "please take my drunk a$$ home so I don't get a DUI" business. Rubber floors and puke buckets are a must.

One local moving company started with two collage guys. 20 odd years later they are still at it. I guess it worked out for them.

When you think about it it's a nice low overhead business to get into, just line up a job and rent a truck.

You need to open a "please take my drunk a$$ home so I don't get a DUI" business. Rubber floors and puke buckets are a must.

My cousin worked for such an outfit in Nashville. He rode a mini scooter to the bar, stashed the scooter in customer's trunk and drove them home. Bossman had several scooters out on call at night.

My cousin worked for such an outfit in Nashville. He rode a mini scooter to the bar, stashed the scooter in customer's trunk and drove them home. Bossman had several scooters out on call at night.

I've seen this franchise and looked into it while I was in Mobile. The idea is great as one of the main reasons that most drunks don't take a cab home is that they don't want to leave their car. The liability kinda scares me though.

Keep 'em coming.

I've seen this franchise and looked into it while I was in Mobile. The idea is great as one of the main reasons that most drunks don't take a cab home is that they don't want to leave their car. The liability kinda scares me though.

Keep 'em coming.

Thats what liability waivers are for. But I guess if they sign it drunk, how would a waiver hold up in court?? Maybe they sign it ahead of time with a nominal "joining fee" and pay a flat rate for each ride home?

Thats what liability waivers are for. But I guess if they sign it drunk, how would a waiver hold up in court?? Maybe they sign it ahead of time with a nominal "joining fee" and pay a flat rate for each ride home?
Oddly enough, I'm more worried about my employees driving around on fold up scooters.

Check the Pack/Mail situation. It is a good gig if you have the overhead low.

I will. This would go well with Del's stationary business.

With the mail and stationary store a greek store. Where they can get all the greek swag made and bought.

Also get a beer lic and sell out of date beer cheap.

Living in a college town now for xx years... I see what does and doesn't work. Being in IT I know what college kids need versus what they want. What they need is someone to fix the laptop that they brought to school. EVERY kid has one if not two because their first one "broke". So now your market base is every kid at that school...
I toyed with the idea of having a 24/hr coffee lounge with laptop clean/repair in the back (but still visible to customers). The trick would be to get them to stay while their PC is being cleaned. Have a TV/wii/gourmet AND drip coffee/phone accessories to purchase/tables with 4 chairs for group study/couches/love seats/desks... whatever it is that "studying" kids are into.... I walk by the library alot when walking the dog... it's PACKED until they lock the doors.
The crazy thing is... these "cool" coffee shops are closed when the kids want to study... the Starbucks by the University of Washington stays open until 3AM... that's how long kids stay in it... Call the business "Study Hall" or "Home Room"

Think like a college kid and you'll figure something out.

Living in a college town now for xx years... I see what does and doesn't work. Being in IT I know what college kids need versus what they want. What they need is someone to fix the laptop that they brought to school. EVERY kid has one if not two because their first one "broke". So now your market base is every kid at that school...
I toyed with the idea of having a 24/hr coffee lounge with laptop clean/repair in the back (but still visible to customers). The trick would be to get them to stay while their PC is being cleaned. Have a TV/wii/gourmet AND drip coffee/phone accessories to purchase/tables with 4 chairs for group study/couches/love seats/desks... whatever it is that "studying" kids are into.... I walk by the library alot when walking the dog... it's PACKED until they lock the doors.
The crazy thing is... these "cool" coffee shops are closed when the kids want to study... the Starbucks by the University of Washington stays open until 3AM... that's how long kids stay in it... Call the business "Study Hall" or "Home Room"

Think like a college kid and you'll figure something out.

Great idea shunt!

Also sell those Nike shorts E told me about to the ladies.

Also sell those Nike shorts E told me about to the ladies.

sell coffee and smoothies next to the shorts and dont forget free wifi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom