1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cold Galavanizing?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Nomis, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Nomis

Nomis

I've got a little rust that I am going to grind down to bare metal. Instead of using primer, I was thinking of using cold galvanizing compound. This stuff comes in a spray can and is 93% zinc - would this be better than just using standard primer? Anyone use the stuff?

2. Nomis

Nomis

Also I want to paint over this stuff in the future - would that be a problem?

3. Coolerman

Coolerman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm using it in the rebuild of my rear tub at all places where two pieces of metal are welded together. Cold galvinizing is also a good weld thru primer. USe proper ventilation if you weld with it.

4. my64fj40

my64fj40

For my drum backing plates I grinded them done to just about bare metal. Hit it with some cold galvanizing compound, and them coated over that with some high temp paint. Seemed to come out good.

Not sure why I used the galvanizing stuff, just found it in my shop and felt like painting something...

:popcorn:

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">