Coastal Offroad Bumpers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads

Just unboxed and laid my 3rd gen closed top front on the floor. looking forward to getting started.

001.JPG

Hey @splitshot did they give you a list of winches that fit? Are you looking to run one? Nice job and thanks for bringing this option to our attention.

Hey @splitshot did they give you a list of winches that fit? Are you looking to run one? Nice job and thanks for bringing this option to our attention.
I am going to pursue that (no they didn't and I'd bet just an e-mail or phone call..). I wanted to build the front first because I like the design and wanted to see
how everything fit before ordering the rear. I am sold. It's a lot of work, think I spent 7 hours of grinding/flap disk finishing, but looking at the end
product, super happy.

I have the same bumper for my Tacoma. Basically any universal winch. I got the Ironman 4x4 synthetic, only issues I had was finding somewhere to mount the solenoid.

I have the same bumper for my Tacoma. Basically any universal winch. I got the Ironman 4x4 synthetic, only issues I had was finding somewhere to mount the solenoid.
I went with a Warn EVO. Had to move the control box.

I went with a Warn EVO. Had to move the control box.

I used about 5' of welding lead to feed the solenoid box for mine and mounted it on top of the passenger fender in the engine bay. Then used a section of the biggest jumper cables I could find to run the power to the winch. The jumper cables were a bigger gauge than the original wires, too. So box is high and dry and wiring was fairly easy leaving front end a lot more cleaner looking.

I used about 5' of welding lead to feed the solenoid box for mine and mounted it on top of the passenger fender in the engine bay. Then used a section of the biggest jumper cables I could find to run the power to the winch. The jumper cables were a bigger gauge than the original wires, too. So box is high and dry and wiring was fairly easy leaving front end a lot more cleaner looking.
Pretty much what I did. Vice Design makes up a lead extension cable assembly specifically for the Warn EVO, I was happy with their product.
002.JPG

Last edited:
I thought for some reason that the front bumper for 2nd Gen is 104lbs but I could be wrong. Thats good if the 3rd Gen is 89lbs!
For the 2nd Gen front bumper, their site states » "Steel base bumper weight: 104lbs"

Yup, 3rd gen ~90lbs for the closed top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom