Coalmont Workday UPDATED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Time to get to work. Our first work day will be November 23, 2019. This work day will be devoted to clearing trees along the Right Of Way into the park. We will need experienced people with chain saws and some with trucks and trailers to haul brush to burn pile. Anyone wanting fire wood is welcome to take a load home. We will meet at 9 Am CST at the end of B Mine Road.

IMG_0070.PNG

Last edited:
thanks for the clarification, I was about to show up in your house this upcoming Saturday.

if that truck is like the ones I was around when GI-Joe....the paint is crazy thick....not like automotive paint, it was more like a coating of some type, very thick in comparison to normal automotive paint. FYI.. might be royal pain in the #$#@@ to deal with.

when I was in the Army in 89-91 I had a pristine 1966 2.5 ton beauty...with optional heater that actually worked, additional accessories / options were of course not in the mix. I use the word pristine very liberally :)

Do we need to bring tools of any kind?

I have a couple angle grinders with wire brushes a few more would be good and disc orbital sanders. I have one spray gun having and extra one or two would be good.

I have a harbor freight electric spray gun, it won't produce showroom results, but it paints...

1572533449251.png

I'll bring an angle grinder with assorted flap wheels & wire wheels.

Please note that the location has changed. We'll be cutting & trimming trees instead of painting.

I'm interested in helping out but dont want to make a day ride of it from ATL. Anyone camping out or everyone just doing the day ride thing? if camping where?

I have a trailer, chainsaw etc... but details will dictate.

@andy's60 could probably confirm, but I believe primitive camping in the park could be arranged for the work weekend. I think they have power back there, but not sure.

See if he or Roger chime in.

Yes there is primitive camping and if you want you could ride on Sunday

Coalmont OHV Park, 2605 B Mine Rd Tracy City, TN 37387. Ignore the dot on the map. It's not in the right place.

Screenshot_20191107-124929_Maps.jpg

Thanks, it's just 1hr from my house.
I'll try to be there and help however I can, although I'll stay away from chainsaws.

appreciate the info, will be a game time decision for me. I'll likely head up friday, campout, work on saturday and bust it back to the house Sat. evening for prior made Thxgiving plans.

Do we need to make any reservation for camping? Coming up Friday afternoon, camping Friday and Saturday would
be the best for outta towners like me.
:beer:

Do we need to make any reservation for camping? Coming up Friday afternoon, camping Friday and Saturday would
be the best for outta towners like me.
:beer:
There is plenty of area to camp. There are no actual sites yet, just pick a flat spot. I am working on getting a porta John.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom