For Sale [co] 1962 fj40 soft top "little orphan annie" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i'm getting too many again and now i'm scheduled to move for work. pains me to do this because i love driving her, but i don't drive her enough. check the build thread little orphan annie for details. i haven't finished the soft doors and i haven't gotten bows bent, but i do have the replica pieces for above and behind the doors which is the hard part and i have a modified later 40 rear bow, so you just the b bow, the sides and the mid bow. i have an ocd beetle top, but the proportions currently aren't correct for factory bows. i will try to get it wet and stretch to fit and coat.

the seats were redone in foam and that didn't work well and the color isn't coral just because i don't like coral, they are a maroon color, along with the tailgate chains. i haven't had time to find someone who works in horsehair but i'm using towels for now, which works well. there is some rust, but nothing tragic. rear sill, of course, and the three spots on the inner fender where the seatbelt support brackets are. rh front fender has some small dents that need to be massaged out by someone good with a hammer and dolly.

has small window carb, but have two big window carbs to go with and rebuild kit....just missing the aisan plates and one carb is missing glass. has a semi electronic conversion inside the stock distributer but includes the points.

still has the fiber cam gear which should get changed out. under torque and low range, sometimes will slip into neutral. smokes a bit. the wipers work. they are two speed...the left is one speed the right is another. elephant horns scream "get the f>>> outta my way" which is actually kind of adorable when you see how tiny she is. the tires are all snow cruisers which are later 60s but still close enough to period. i currently am no running them to keep them in good shape. has all caps. not a restoration, but parts have been cleaned up. would be great for a resto, but i think she's better as the survivor she is. around 54k original miles. original owner bought it as a hunting vehicle. second owner used it to deliver the mail in his mountain town...from there, it got parked under a blue tarp for at least a decade.

includes a lot of the original parts i've taken off as i've rebuilt pieces.

clean title $35k

annie in museum.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom