CM08 Pix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That trailer needs some heavier tires!

Awesome pics. I hope to finally make it to one of these next year.

Wow - finally a network connection...first some by the San Juan River just below Mexican Hat...
mexhat_1.jpg
SanJuanRio.jpg

Now, Arch Canyon and hotel Rock in one day - very impressive scenery and great trails. The yellow FJC with the snorkle is Jim S. from Sierra Vista - not me. Oh, and the one where I'm kissing the rock - well, just lets say the sun was in my eyes:rolleyes: (a tribute to Claudia;)).
hotelrk_1.jpg
ArchCnyn_Ruin.jpg
D'Oh.jpg

some pix from 4-28 - Elk Ridge recovery efforts; Michael attempting to capture the scenery with his new camera; another notch for the belt.
ElkRidge_Recovery.jpg
michael_elkridge.jpg
notch.jpg

And some of the Needles (and hoodoos) from which the area is named. Also, the climb up elephant hill as viewed from above - notice Kevin backing through the switchback readying for the climb.
needles&hoodoos.jpg
climbingElphHill.jpg

:lol:

Thats better...
climbingElphHill-2.jpg

Our club has 2 less Golden Crack virgins! Ross and Norm crossed it for the first time, drove it like old pros!:cheers: Also one of Rob posing.
5-1-2008_1.jpg
5-1-2008_2.jpg
5-1-2008_3.jpg

Power Steering on a '40... :cool:
DSC_1165.jpg

37's make ledges look smaller...
DSC_1179.jpg

Wednesday was an easy day - the first pic is the extent of our wheeling. Then, yesterday was the FJ Cruiser/Toyota Trail Team run on Cliffhanger. This trail was rated 4+ by the Cruise Moab ratings and had 2 stock fj's with the oem aluminum skids - both got bent but not mangled. It was a long day - about 9-1/2 hours for a 8.6 mile round trip. But great views and fun obstacles - plus a little vertigo...
430_slickrock.jpg
501_fjrun1.jpg
501_fjrun2.jpg

BC_FJ in Blue, Jim S. in Yellow, we tried to keep our wheels down, but kept going for air...
and of course, racing against the mountain bikers...
501_fjrun4.jpg
501_fjrun5.jpg
501fjrun2.jpg

Great scenery at the top for lunch. Then on the way back, you may wonder why so close to the wall? Well, the drop to passenger was only a few thousand feet. Then the Toyota publicity folks interviewed Drew ("no, actually I just spilled my coke;)")...
501_fjrun6.jpg
501_fjrun7.jpg
501_fjrun8.jpg

Well - I ran Hell's Revenge today, and when I got to the trailhead I realized that my camera was still by my laptop from downloading pics for this thread:eek:.

Yesterday, when I was talking to the Toyta PR/Publication guy with our run, I told him that we were a pretty loosely organized group - no rules or bylaws, hung out in a parking lot, but we did have matching t-shirts! His response was that it sounded more like a gang (he's from LA):eek:! But it seems to fit, when I think about it:idea:...

Hopefully more pics tomorrow:cheers:

37's make ledges look smaller...

DAMN ALL THESE PICS LOOK LIKE FUN! Glad you all had a great time.

And YES....god those 37's DO look HUGE. I had to go look at mine in that same spot. My 35's look like peanuts! Hey though....next time remove all the cheating rocks at the bottom! :D

Oh my God....that Cliffhanger pic! I'd never go there!

attachment.php

31425888_yuhpj-O.jpg

Still riding the high from this experience....I had an awesome time, the pictures don't even come close to showing the places we went and awesome experiences we had!!!!!!!!!
Moab2008238-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool picture...atleast for my skills
Moab2008199-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom