Clean AC evaporator coil (externally). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m all for restoring and reusing parts, but what’s the cost for a new Denso evap in Australia? It’s hard to justify too much time and effort into a 30 year old evaporator if a new one is reasonably priced. In the us they’re about $85 + shipping

Perhaps the airflow direction through it is not what I thought. Perhaps it's so completely trashed through and through that it will not much matter in that respect.

Airflow goes from the side where the pipes come down and meet the expansion valve and low pressure cut-off switch, through the unit and on toward the centre heater box, just as it does on a US model. Obviously the majority of dirt is stuck on the side where the airflow enters the unit. The reverse side, which I have not shown, looks pretty much like new with no sign of dirt.

Perhaps it's trashed through and through? I would not be trying to clean it if were. A few flaking fins from the first row of 32 does not mean it's trashed. The serpentine core is all that really matters, and that's perfect as far as I can see.

I’m all for restoring and reusing parts, but what’s the cost for a new Denso evap in Australia? It’s hard to justify too much time and effort into a 30 year old evaporator if a new one is reasonably priced. In the us they’re about $85 + shipping

As I have said in an earlier post, they are no longer available from Denso/Toyota. The units you get in the US are the wrong way round for right hand drive vehicles. There are aftermarket options but I prefer a sound original to new aftermarket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom