Builds Classy build (triple locked) 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Actually, Rock Warriors are 8” wide.
Are you sure? Everywhere I've read it's 17x9. Even on tundra forums. I have 315s on my tundra with rock warrior wheels and the only reason a really wide tire works on rock warriors is due to the width being 9 inches.

Actually, Rock Warriors are 8” wide.
I dont even know why I did research online. I have 4 sitting in my garage. Confirmed 9 inches before adding the beadlocks. Unless I measured wrong, I see 9 inches.
20191019_065822.jpg
20191019_065826.jpg

You made me google it.

• BOLT CIRCLE / P.C.D.: 5 On 150 mm
  • COLOR: Gunmetal Gray
  • DIAMETER: 17"
  • FINISH: Matte
  • LOGO: TRD Center Cap
  • MATERIAL: Forged Aluminum
  • NUMBER OF SPOKES: 6
  • OFFSET: 50 mm
  • TRD: TRD
  • WHEEL WIDTH: 8"

You made me google it.

• BOLT CIRCLE / P.C.D.: 5 On 150 mm
  • COLOR: Gunmetal Gray
  • DIAMETER: 17"
  • FINISH: Matte
  • LOGO: TRD Center Cap
  • MATERIAL: Forged Aluminum
  • NUMBER OF SPOKES: 6
  • OFFSET: 50 mm
  • TRD: TRD
  • WHEEL WIDTH: 8"
So am I measuring it wrong, or did net neutrality kick in and we all have aids based on webmd.com? Hahaha.

inside rim is where you measure it. so in the above pic it is from 1/2" to 8.5" equals 8"

and those rings are rock guards not bead locks

So am I measuring it wrong, or did net neutrality kick in and we all have aids based on webmd.com? Hahaha.

Think shoe size.
Size number isn’t about how bulky the outside of the shoe is ...rather the foot room inside. ;)

Same on wheels. Measure lip to lip.

Last edited:
The painted chrome is a nice touch!

What process are you using to prep the plastic chrome for paint? I assume you are using an etching primer prior to?

Any feedback on how well it is holding up regarding rock chips, bugs etc.?
Chrome molding is scuffed then etching primer then painted/cleared. It’s paint, so still prone to staining from bugs and rock chips.

@nor_cal_cyclist and @Eric Sarjeant awesome build!

Can you please share details on how you mounted the Switch Pros in the sun glass holder? Looking to do the same but cannot find a source for a LC200 mount.

Can you please share details on how you mounted the Switch Pros in the sun glass holder? Looking to do the same but cannot find a source for a LC200 mount.

Awesome build. Clever use of the sunglass holder! Did you have to source an older 3rd member for the rear air locker?
[/QUO
Eric has the link, but search for a 3rd Gen Tacoma Switch Pros Mount, and you'll find it.

Yes, you are. If I only intended keep her on the road, I'd have built an "all show and no go" truck (no ARB's, no bumper/winch, add 20" or taller rims, skip the BudBuilt skids, and use ARB's side steps). Could have looked the part, but never really used. My last truck (2017 TRDP 4Runner) ran the Rubicon with nothing more than RCI skids, Shrockworks sliders, and an Icon lift...with just 1000 miles on it. I enjoy using and driving my vehicles - no garage statues ;)

Edit: I ordered mine from expeditionessentials and it didn't work. I believe they sent 2nd get Tacoma and not the 3rd Gen. Bummer because I cut it trying to make it fit. I'll get in touch with them.

Last edited:
Edit: I ordered mine from expeditionessentials and it didn't work. I believe they sent 2nd get Tacoma and not the 3rd Gen. Bummer because I cut it trying to make it fit. I'll get in touch with them.

I've been in touch with Expedition Essentials about getting a switch mount to fit specifically for the LC200. I'm going to take out my sunglass holder this weekend and ship it to them. Will follow up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom