Builds Classy build (triple locked) 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson I agree 100%

I'll be pulling mine off to modify them after seeing yours.

@Eric Sarjeant wrt chrome delete, curious how you painted the rear Toyota emblem and rear chrome trim. Did you paint while on the body of the LC or remove the trim and emblem, paint and reinstall, much like you have mentioned for the side door trim pieces in another thread. Thx

@Eric Sarjeant wrt chrome delete, curious how you painted the rear Toyota emblem and rear chrome trim. Did you paint while on the body of the LC or remove the trim and emblem, paint and reinstall, much like you have mentioned for the side door trim pieces in another thread. Thx

Everything must be removed (with exception of fog surrounds and window trim [vinyl]. Emblems are replaced with new ones. It’s not worth the hour+ labor exaco knifing VHB to match the V8/Toyota emblem. Cheaper to order new emblems and paint that already have factory VHB tape on the back.

Everything must be removed (with exception of fog surrounds and window trim [vinyl]. Emblems are replaced with new ones. It’s not worth the hour+ labor exaco knifing VHB to match the V8/Toyota emblem. Cheaper to order new emblems and paint that already have factory VHB tape on the back.
FYI. Fog lights surrounds are very easy to remove. I have swapped them on my previous 16LC for a set from China which included DRL component. If I remember correctly you pop the big piece first and small is held by a screw underneath.

FYI. Fog lights surrounds are very easy to remove. I have swapped them on my previous 16LC for a set from China which included DRL component. If I remember correctly you pop the big piece first and small is held by a screw underneath.

I am getting mine painted on the LC Eric is doing for me!

Thanks. I have the sides complete. Super easy to take off and reinstall. Been a bit apprehensive about removing the rear "Land Cruiser" trim. The front grill is pretty straight forward.

Awesome build BTW.

B55E2D08-5FDE-4704-A0CE-68E4BD95304B.jpeg
Been a bit apprehensive about removing the rear "Land Cruiser" trim. The front grill is pretty straight forward.

Awesome build BTW.

I think it just pulls off. Here’s my truck.

View attachment 2109749

I think it just pulls off. Here’s my truck.

Yes.

Adhesive can be stubborn and may not come off cleanly, so be prepared with additional emblem adhesive tape such as 3M etc. to replace.

A hair dryer to warm will help in removal (or heat gun...be gentle with heat gun)...then fishing line pulled behind emblems to slide under/through adhesive.

Yes.

Adhesive can be stubborn and may not come off cleanly, so be prepared with additional emblem adhesive tape such as 3M etc. to replace.

A hair dryer to warm will help in temoval (or heat gun...be gentle with heat gun)...then fishing line pulled behind emblems to slide under/through adhesive.
Does yours go all the way through? Yours is different than the new ones as you know.

Does yours go all the way through? Yours is different than the new ones as you know.

If you mean the rear, oval Toyota emblem...I believe there were two placement-guide-holes and corresponding pegs on the emblem.

I actually have a brand new replacementrear emblem I didn’t end up using, pictured below.
If anyone could use this, make me an offer I can’t refuse...haha... :) Forgot I even even had it...

It would also be easy without the pegs...

See pegs below...

D4077C7D-003C-43BD-9862-2745F3F677E9.jpeg
64C8A72E-CA3C-4F31-8AF2-8A74A7A51CA0.jpeg

The guy was talking about the “Land Cruiser” piece of trim not the emblem.

Ohhhh! Thanks.
I guess some may wonder about both...so meh. :)

The guy was talking about the “Land Cruiser” piece of trim not the emblem.

Paging @codyaustin5 ...who altered his Land Cruiser emblem to great effect...

Meanwhile... here’s how mine comes off (2008)...
AA769789-091B-48E0-973B-FC061041A35A.jpeg

The painted chrome is a nice touch!

What process are you using to prep the plastic chrome for paint? I assume you are using an etching primer prior to?

Any feedback on how well it is holding up regarding rock chips, bugs etc.?

The painted chrome is a nice touch!

What process are you using to prep the plastic chrome for paint? I assume you are using an etching primer prior to?

Any feedback on how well it is holding up regarding rock chips, bugs etc.?

That was the problem with my LX when I blacked it out. It chipped easily on the interstate. I trust this will not!

That is my concern as well, I have done several times with varying results or should I say chipping over the years, this appears to be a more durable result.

Also, wonder if the black belt moldings from the earlier 200 series can be used to replace the chrome instead of using the vinyl? I am sure Eric explored that option and compared cost.

That is my concern as well, I have done several times with varying results or should I say chipping over the years, this appears to be a more durable result.

Also, wonder if the black belt moldings from the earlier 200 series can be used to replace the chrome instead of using the vinyl? I am sure Eric explored that option and compared cost.

What are “belt moldings”

The window moldings that run on the straight line that separate the door and the side windows.

They are black on the early 200’s and are now chrome(not sure when they switched) I have switched them out on several cars over the years to dechrome them.

The window moldings that run on the straight line that separate the door and the side windows.

They are black on the early 200’s and are now chrome(not sure when they switched) I have switched them out on several cars over the years to dechrome them.

I have also switched them out but did not know what they were called. I replaced the ones on my 2009 LX with ones from a 2008 LC vin.

How do those tires ride on the 8" wide wheel? Does it feel planted. I was thinking of 305/60/18 on the stock rim but worried about being too wide.
The new TRD Pro wheels are 9 inch wide wheels. Same as rock warriors I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom