Christmas for Kids 2023 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Here is the link to last year, which contains pertinent information of "why" and "how". Christmas for Kids 2022 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/christmas-for-kids-2022.1294847/

Below is the email I received from JJ (our friend from Colorado Springs Christian 4-Wheelers). JJ is the coordinator and "interface" between all sorts of participating clubs and El Paso County DHS.

My apologies for the late appeal, but we've received quite a few requests from DHS, with pleas to accept more, but I need to find Sponsors for the kids I have so far; problem is that over three-fourths of them are older teens (ages 18-21) in transition situations that are intended to help them prepare for living on their own. I have over 50 of them at the moment, and am hoping CLC members can step up and take on a few of them. Most of these older kids have very modest requests, like a pot, pan, and utensils, or a shirt or two and a pair of pants. Suggested budget is $40-45 per sponsored kid.

I'd like to match up Sponsors to kids early this week so shoppers can take advantage of specials. I will provide each with the details regarding how to wrap and tag the presents, and the dropoff, as for recent years, will be 7 am to 1 pm on Sunday December 10 at the Colorado Springs Police Substation at Barnes and Tutt. I'm renting a U-Haul, like last year, to take the collected gifts to DHS the next day.

Thanks in advance for querying your members to see if they can help! The best format for info on those who can sponsor is something like this:
Sponsors Name
Email
Phone Number (usually only needed if we can't get hold of them toward the end of the dropoff day)
Number of Older Children to sponsor (ages 18-21)
Number of Younger Children to sponsor (under 18)
Number (if any) of Senior Shut-Ins (optional; these are bags with different instructions, about $20-=$25 to fill one)

Um so I could probably get most these kids covered. I will talk you tomorrow at the meeting.

Reactions: SAS
I'm out of town, but I included you, Raisin, and COS80 on the email this time :beer:

I'm out of town, but I included you, Raisin, and COS80 on the email this time :beer:
I saw it. Thank you. So I actually used to help run a charity group here in Colorado Springs and I still head up a monthly community event for them. Well I asked the people who are in charge of it now, and they would absolutely love to pick up some of the kids. The person who runs it now drives that brown 60 I was working on at Zac's garage.

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom