Chinaman Gulch - April 19th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's some Matt love on the Whale's tail (TUBE DOORS!!!)...

14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
DSC_0666.JPG

Ahhhh that is pretty close to your slider, oh wait what slider. That's right, an unlocked 80 with no sliders. Nice

:steer:Mmmmuuuuaaahhahahahaha!!!:steer:

Not having sliders makes more room not to get hung up on the sliders:). But seriously, I should get some sliders. The whole time I was thinking, "don't dent my doors...", "is that going to hit my rocker?", "that rock is going to destroy my truck.", "no whammies, no whammies, no whammies!". A locker would be cool, but I'm kinda happy with the unlocked 80.

More of Luke taking lines I only wish I could (I love following this guy)...

17.JPG

THE FRANK!!!

18.JPG

THE FRANK!!!

19.JPG

THE (Rob, we need a nickname for your rig)!!!!

20.JPG

THE FRANK!!!

21.JPG

Sorry if I didn't get many of shots of other rigs out there this weekend. I tend to only get time to snap photos of those close to me in the lineup.

Lotsa cool rigs out there yesterday, taking losta cool lines, havin' losta fun.

Till next time!

:steer:

:cheers:

Robs should be the squeak :idea: after him squeaking all over the place hahaha

HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!HA!!!!

That makes two of us. I love my FJ Cruiser but I dig the look of the 80s too. His was well built and looked like a whole lot of fun.

I love the 80, except for it being terribly slow. My wife screams much less in the 80 than she did my old 86 4Runner lol

Travis: Just find you an 80! If you find one with a 3F-E, you won't have to worry about that issue with the skinny pedal!

True dat true dat
Robs wasn't squeaking that bad. At least he knows it from the new bumper. I still have the mystery noise to figure out and once I figure that out a new one will come take his place. For this I am certain

That's it! I'm not missing the next one!!! :bang:And my bumpers are coming off! Liked the look of the 80s without all the ugly big ass bumpers. Made good progress on the playhouse/castle for the little :princess:'S birthday though. Had one eye on the western horizon all day wishing I was up there:meh: Thanks for the plentiful pics and great stories.

True dat true dat
Robs wasn't squeaking that bad. At least he knows it from the new bumper. I still have the mystery noise to figure out and once I figure that out a new one will come take his place. For this I am certain
Robs should be the squeak :idea: after him squeaking all over the place hahaha

I'm ok with the squeak or squeaky or the squeaker... So dang annoying squeaking on down the trail. I will be spending a lot of time systematically trying to eliminate my squeaks and rattles. I have the front bumper/headlight mount squeak, the rigid dually lights clanking on the front bumper, my TRD exhaust rattling on my ricochet cross member bar and some other random noises...

On the way to camp, we hit the gravel and I started to hear a weird noise. As I pulled into the bigger rocks I heard it pretty bad and had to stop. Andrew came back and heard the noise as well and I thought the lug nuts on the spacer came loose and were jingling. Popped the tire off and checked. They seemed fine and put it all back together and headed down the road. Noise still there. We got to camp and everyone heard me come in. Well i set the tent up with the wife and unloaded the car. The guys hoped on the sliders for a little ride and listen to where the noise was coming from. Driver front. Tore of the tire felt around still nothing. Put it back on drove it again to listen possibly somewhere in the front. It's pretty dark now and the guys were holding flashlights and crawling under the car as I start taking skids off. I am feeling around and just happen to put my finger down my coil over and jingle. That's it! There is a metal dust cover on the bottom of the coil over that unscrewed and fell down where you can not see it. Got it all cleaned up and put back together and took it for a test drive and the noise was gone. I was not going down chinaman's with that noise so I wanted to thank everyone for helping me. We have great club members and also great people that are not part of the club that ride with us , that are willing to help and give advice. Thanks guys. And of course I have metric Allen's with and the dust cover needed standard. Good thing there was a jeep around when i needed it.

Last edited:
Anyone get any good shots of the black fj with the dog. I didn't and it doesn't seem like the guys on the other forum did either. Man I almost forgot how high mr. Moose got his back wheels up in the air on that down hill section. Pretty scary but awesome. Did you have to check the shorts mr. Moose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom