chevy 350 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys/gals I'm new to this online tech. Stuff but here goes..
I have a 76 cj7 mild rock crawler with a tbi 350 out of an 89 k5 blazer. Sometimes it starts right up other times I have to us starting fluid. Once it starts it runs great, no problems whatsoever. All new fuel tank, about 13,14 psi coming from my new electric f/p, new coil, new map sensor, bbc.co ew iac, new tpsn... all the little nit noid stuff is new, my injectors spray wellm when it does start (it doesn't matter hot or cold) it sounds like it has a huge cam for 5 to 7 seconds then smoothes out and runs fine. I think it tries to flood its self in the beginning but tgen smoothes outm could the distributor gear be worn so the timing bounces around a little while the computer is trying to figure out whats going on. With starting fluid it starts up, RIGHT NOW, lopes for a few seconds then smoothes out. Im at my whits end. I want to drive it but im afraid it wont start when i stop some where. what about a whole new distributer. The engine is bone stock. Any ideas/suggestions would be great. Oh yea. And its only getting 6-7 miles per gallon. Thanx. My email is vwlugnut@att.net. thanx again

Ever get this fixed?

Despite all the new stuff it sounds to me like you've still had fuel delivery issues. Guess that means the TBI.

Have your distributor rebuilt instead of buying a new one. Couldn't hurt but generally you'd have rough running at different speeds/rpm versus just a start up. My experience is that spark is weakest at start.

no CEL codes?....I would look at fuel pump

Old thread but does the fuel tank have a filter in it?