Cheesehead Invasion 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj40charles said:
Anyone know what the plans are for food? I need to know how many meals I need to pack for the trip. Any good places to eat breakfast?

Hopefully my POS junk will be ready to wheel by then. Getting some last minute fixes done.

Charles

Plenty of good food in Clayton for Bfast.

We will be leaving on Sat and Sunday mornings at 9:00 so eat and fuel and be ready to wheel.

wngrog said:
Plenty of good food in Clayton for Bfast.

We will be leaving on Sat and Sunday mornings at 9:00 so eat and fuel and be ready to wheel.

Thanks for the update Grog... Looking forward to wheeling my junk and meeting the Cheeseheads... I'm staying at AA

woody said:
niner and I will take 2 spots in the shack....and we claim a queen if we must share :D (tho, i can pack a cot easily too and bags....)

You don't hold hands, and you want to sleep with me!

I'm alright with that.

Lame, you in? suhweet.....this will remind you of that other non-event that happened recently....

Appleton to Clayton is 1000 miles, I go thru St Louis...probably 900 for you, thru KC. With niner and I swappin driver spots, we outta arrive around 2pm on Fri...plenty of time to drown in the commune...

Pics of this boring place are up at http://gallery.ih8mud.com - it's all pretty boring/easy stuff....Poteau particularly has no danger spots whatsoever, no places where you can roll 8-10x to your death or nuthin...

I'm out for this event. Have too many things going on right now. Looks like 2006 will be when I wheel my junk.

fj40charles said:
I'm out for this event. Have too many things going on right now. Looks like 2006 will be when I wheel my junk.

Surprise surprise....CK bails again.........his FJ has got to be the most underused rig in the history of motorized machines....... :confused: :confused: :eek:

probably a good idea....he'd likely just bust a D60 u-joint anyways, trying to follow the Birfield-equipped rigs...

hehehe

Count down...................12 days..................awesome trails!!!!

Clayton........Green Acres on Saturday.........all day to Git R Done, a chance to run some trails that few have seen.

Clayton..........Sunday am...........the old trails (what a history) that are talked about, but are seldom able to run.

Yanush.........Sunday am.............historic trail located north of Clayton and south of Poteau.

Frieling's.........Sunday pm..........some of the best trails in the south, the sight of several southwest conference events.

Poteau.........Monday.............a don't miss adventure where the "big meats" have their run every year.

It is seldom that this much wheelin is available, both from a land useage standpoint and/or having experienced trail help that know these trails.

I can't wait for the fun........a great time that can't be repeated anytime soon.

For those that haven't wheeled with Nolan......find out the meaning of "who's says you don't need a corvette motor!".

See you in Clayton, Jimbro

Jimbro

Last edited:
Texican said:
Surprise surprise....CK bails again.........his FJ has got to be the most underused rig in the history of motorized machines....... :confused: :confused: :eek:

I really wanted to go wheeling. My right arm has been numb from tiling and I have to visit the the doctor next week for my pain. Yea, it sucks. The junk is visiting Jewell right now to have some mods done including... install superior axles with CTMs.. and other "needed" stuff.

Last time my junk has been wheeling was May 2004 in Moab.

Home remodel is really kicking my arse right now. Also, need to wire up the shop and finish the fence before the weather gets bad.

LAME said:
What is the story? Got rig, will travel. Must wheel.

What is this???

you find some free time?

Great gag with the jeep in your front yard man!! that is top s***!!!

The big cabin has

Woodman
Niner
Texican
Poser
Green Lantern
room for a couple of more........

Butch

niner is out.....work has killed his plans....

puts me on an ugly fence for getting there, but I'm workin on it....

Any body going on this trip going to run 2 and 3 trails???

I should get to clayton around 9 or 10pm friday night guess Im going to camp at the state park.... Anyone going to run the mild trails 2 and 3's?????? Looking foward to seeing yall up there.

Todd

I may be in a pickle here.,......ordered some rims 3.5 weeks ago and sold my old ones.

I may need to borrow a set of tires, 35" to 44" on 6 lug wheels....

6 lug is the only requirement..........

Any ideas?

I am expecting to hear back on the wheels Monday so I am not in full panick mode yet.

Worse case I buy some non-beadlocked 17s......

39.5" IROK's on 17x9 Allieds....sittin in storage.....3 runs on them......

course, the 80 already ain't gonna like haulin the truck/trailer, and a 2nd set of rubber squeeze on there will REALLY make it unhappy.....

wngrog said:
I may be in a pickle here.,......ordered some rims 3.5 weeks ago and sold my old ones.

I may need to borrow a set of tires, 35" to 44" on 6 lug wheels....

6 lug is the only requirement..........

Any ideas?

I am expecting to hear back on the wheels Monday so I am not in full panick mode yet.

Worse case I buy some non-beadlocked 17s......

Use mine. I won't be needing them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom