Check VGRS System Light (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good to hear. Did you have to "unlock the VGRS actuator" and disconnect the battery/find the V13 wire harness per the link from @Snafu13F ? Or was the calibration you did a little more straightforward?
I tried the battery thing twice and no joy. Just did the "calibration" in Techstream and that worked.....for now.

I have the VGRS lights and message pop up today. The last time I used my truck, in the middle of my driving, it made some weird whining noise in the passenger glove box area.
I also had some mouse issues in the past so not sure what the problem is. I was initially thinking a mouse might be stuck in some system internally and screaming intermittently (every 10 sec) with a whine noise. But after I stopped the system, couldn't hear any noise again.

next day morning, the lights came up.
I have tech stream and will connect it and check for code as well as with odbc. Any loose connections or areas to check for? where is the vgrs system located?

I have a bad feeling about this. Looks like communication to these modules is broken. Any idea what to check for next?
I can try resetting the codes if you think it wont mess up anything.
The truck is driving fine except the AHC, Crawl control, HI/Lo and diff locking.

IMG_9015.jpeg

IMG_9014.jpeg

IMG_9013.jpeg

I cleared up the DTC codes and VCS alert is the only one coming up now.
AHC is working, Differential lock is working. 4Lo is blinking and VCS system alert is showing up.
Any location where these all connect from or to? so I can check what is in that location?
I have openned up the radio console and under panels and shift lever area before, does these connection involve any of these locations?

Last edited:
I read the following codes now:
C1201 Engine/EV Control system malfunction (This seems generic)
P0500Vehicle Speed Sensor "A"- Open or short in speed signal circuit

2 weeks before this happened, my truck was driven by a friend till it got empty. Gas was filled and everything was operation for two weeks.
2 days ago, heard a mild whining noise near the passenger glovebox area, car started and stopped multiple times without any issues or code.
2 days later on a cold frosty morning, has all lights come up.

I read the following codes now:
C1201 Engine/EV Control system malfunction (This seems generic)
P0500Vehicle Speed Sensor "A"- Open or short in speed signal circuit

2 weeks before this happened, my truck was driven by a friend till it got empty. Gas was filled and everything was operation for two weeks.
2 days ago, heard a mild whining noise near the passenger glovebox area, car started and stopped multiple times without any issues or code.
2 days later on a cold frosty morning, has all lights come up.
I'd be inspecting wiring to all harness connections on the transmission. Note that on ours there are a couple speed sensors stabbed into the side of it that read some of the planetary sets internally.. you'll see a 2 or 3 wire harness plugged into a black connector by itself along the side of the trans.

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for this diagram and info, will check those connectors to see if anything is loose or broken.
Do you know where sp1 is? In the details of the error code, it was mentioning sp01. Is it behind speedometer?

Thanks for this diagram and info, will check those connectors to see if anything is loose or broken.
Do you know where sp1 is? In the details of the error code, it was mentioning sp01. Is it behind speedometer?
The above transmission doesn’t have a transfer case on it.. I’d check the back of that to see whether an additional sensor was added to the output shaft.

Also were the details you mention from techstream or TIS? If not there could be generic terminology and VSS A could very well be SP2 in the above image.

the weather warmed up to 75F today and after couple of drives running errands, when I started my truck again, all the error codes were gone and no lights or flashing on my dashboard. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom